It's Snowing!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by KW Farms, Dec 14, 2009.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Well here in the Pacific Northwest...central WA is finally getting some snow! I am actually kind of happy because it has been SOO cold this last couple weeks and the overcast skies are making it a bit warmer. Anyone else getting snowed? I know a lot of you have already had a bunch of snow, this is the first snow of the year for us! I don't think my goats are going to be to happy by tomorrow morning though! They always make a little trail to the water, then to the hay bales and back to their houses, the rest of their pen remains untouched. :ROFL:

2. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

you may have all our snow. all 2 feet of it... glad its warmed up though, that cold spell was drivin me crazy...I locked all my cats up with Daisy so she wouldn't be cold. it worked...cant say the cats appreciated it tho. :ROFL:

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah mine have little trails everywhere..dont want to get their feet wet!

4. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    At times I think they wish I would build them a wooden bridge piled with straw so they can get to their food and water without getting wet.

5. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    :roll: You can keep all the snow you want. I would like our 17 degree weather back :pray: It was so nice and dry for 2 weeks, I loved it! Now that it snowed yesterday and now it's raining everything is wet :GAAH:

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I like one pretty snowfall a year and then it needs to go bye-bye quickly! You guys can keep the snow out there in the pacific northwest......no real snow amounts here as of yet, knock on wood! That being said though, I had rather have snow then cold wet rain.

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Keep your snow to yourself! :slapfloor:

8. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Ditto! My poor goats just stand in the barn bleating for me to come out.

(I like having just enough snow to go snowboarding... once.)

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Better you then me! We had enough last year for ten years. So far all we have had is a dusting and lots of ice.
    beth

10. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    We have only gotten about 3" here so far--most of that melted when it rained the other day. I did go to work at the ski resort last weekend though (2 hours northweast of here) and they had quite a bit more than us plus all that they "made" on top of that.

Personally, I love snow and look forward to winter every year...I might feel differently if I wasn't a ski instructor, I guess! LOL! :greengrin:

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    Snow for sale! ...or even better FREE

I'll UPS it by the truckload if anyone is interested!!

we've had 3ft of snow fall on the already existing 1 1/2ft. in two days. finally clear skies!!

12. KW Farms

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow...3 feet!! Well, ended up snowing about 5 inches here on Tuesday and Wednesday it's melted down some and rained a bit, now it's iced up. I guess we're supposed to get some more rain and snow mix at around 2 am. There are few roads closed here due to the crappy roads. I just hope we have some nice powdery snow for Christmas...I always love white Christmas's!! :snow:

13. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Kylee......what part of WA. are you in?.... my daughter lives in Yelm, little town south of Fort Lewis and they have only had snow flurries......she wants snow! I was out there last week....it was vey cold......Mt Rainer looked so beautiful with all its snow cover.

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    This may sound strange but ....can I have some... :greengrin: ...where I live....we rarely get snow...and when we do .....it doesn't last long...... It's beautiful.... :love: but... I know... for those of you... that always get it .....don't want it.... :hug:

15. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Where I live we only get 3 to 5 inches once or twice a year. So if any one has to much pm me and I will give you my address to ship yours to.:D

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Ugh! The only snow I like is snow on school days and X-mas. Other than that -- keep the snow!!! Esp since it's looking like we won't have a white christmas after-all!