The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have this doeling - 1/2 nubian 1/2 lamancha. Both sides have some really nice milk production. She is built like a tank. Cute little red headed thing! BUT..... Her teats are extremely small. If you were to look at a pencil eraser, her teats are about 1/4 of the size. If you compare her to the other doelings her age, the other doeling are about 1 inch long by 1/2 inch wide. Lucy, the doeling in question, is 14 weeks old.

I was planning on keeping her, but I dont want to waste the money if these itty bitty things stay itty bitty~
I am wondering if this is something she will grow into? What is your experience with itty bitty boooobies?

Thanks for any help you might be able to give! :leap:

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
If her milking lines are really good, then I would get her. I have never heard of a doe having a tiny udder when her dam and granddams have large ones.

That being said, I would check her vulva for any signs of growths or abnormalities. You never know when a hermie is going to show up in the line ;)

·
1,983 Posts
I have a FF that belongs to the itty bitty titty club. She is like milking a cat. Granted she is a nigerian, all I can say is well arent those lil titties cute. Upside, titties grow with each freshening. And she machine milks just fine. Do you hand milk or machine milk? I will add that lil tits don't mean little orifices, Onieda pours it right out. My advise, give her a chance she is young yet. She may just suprise you.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My itty bitty gal also has great orifices. Hardly have to squeeze at all and the milk comes pouring out. Still... hard to find an efficient way to milk with your fingertips. :rolleyes: My other doe has nice large teats (though still small compared to some of the double-D's I've seen on here! LOL), but you have to sqeeze pretty hard to get the milk to come out. It's like a full gym for my hands, milking those two. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I was concerned about the same thing with my 2011 Nubian doeling. They were always very small even immediately after she freshened. But 2 weeks of dam rearing triplets and they were a nice size. She has great orifice size and is still easy to hand milk. Did you see her dam's udder?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts