The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Added these two girls to the herd today. Was only supposed to be getting the white girl but their breeder threw the other in for free so couldn't pass it up! These are my first lamanchas. The white doe is registerable with ADGA and has been exposed to a very nice buck. The brown doe comes from registered stock but will not be registered unless she matures nicely.
20191124_120055.jpg
20191124_120014.jpg
20191124_120358.jpg
20191124_120238.jpg

Here is the white doe's granddam
FB_IMG_1573527113686.jpg

FB_IMG_1573526866644.jpg

·
Registered
595 Posts
LAMANCHAS!!!!!!!!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

They really are wonderful goats! I hope they do well for you. Their personality can be demanding, but they are the sweetest goats EVER!

·
Registered
30,616 Posts
Awe..My Favorite breed...pretty girls..you will get much joy from them.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Beautiful ladies! Someone who shall not be named @Goat Whisperer daughter has teased me about comin to the dark side too. Says i need balance out my long ears with none. Hahahahaa. They have grown on us.
It'll happen (rofl)
You NEED one.
And if you don't want a LM buck you could always use a ND buck over her AND any PB Lamanchas that you totally *won't* have (rofl)

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My sister keeps wanting me to get registered LaManchas. Congratulations on your new beauties.

I do have to ask why they gave you one for free though???

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all!
So, the breeder I got them from has been raising lamanchas for 30+ yrs. Her goats have won a lot including nationally. The reason I got the second doe for free was because she wasn't quite up to her strict standards. She will milk just fine when the time comes though. She may grow into herself as well. She didnt want to send her to the auction so she gave her to me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts