I've had enough!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by StaceyRosado, May 10, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    If it isn't one thing it is another.

Now that Hans is on the road to recovery it seems I now have a new issue. Sweet peas kids are taking all the milk so there is NOTHING for Kitten! :angry:

Poor Kitten is not herself tonight. So she is going cold turkey! I tried the bowl idea, she just lets me hold her nose in and doesn't do anything :sigh: but I will keep that up.

She did get some milk from Aspen so she isnt' starved but is rather hungry I can tell.

I tried Prestos bottle and she didnt' scream her head off and mouthed the bottle --- no big hopes up yet on this though.

So pray please! really hard that she gets the idea of one of these. I need to get milk into her

I am counting on your prayers my prayers and Kittens stubborn nature to not starve to get us over this hump.

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I will be :pray: for her, and :hug: for you!

So she still wont take a bottle?

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, have you milked Destiny at all? I know she's got a smaller udder but with a single kid she would still supply for the demand if you were taking also...I would try to be more persistant with the bottle too, if she is mouthing it a bit she'll take it if she's hungry enough. I know you don't want to compromise her in any way but if it's the only choice you have I would go for it. It may also be a good idea to get her transitioned to regular milk using what goat milk you have especially if it will be in short supply.....boy if only I could get some to you! I have 10 gallons in the freezer!

Sending prayers your way for Kitten and the hopes that her momma starts to produce more :pray: :hug:

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh Stacey, I hope she figures something out soon :( I'll pray for her, she's gotta do something sometime.

5. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I know it must be hard right now. I think at one time or another we have all been there done that. That is what is so wonderful about having our goat friends. We all understand. :grouphug:

I think at this point if it were me I would just pull her cold turkey like you said and put her on whole cows milk and start looking for a home for her if you are selling her.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she actually has a home already! and they are willing/wanting to take her as a bottle baby but understand if she has to stay on her mom till the end of July. They are really close to me too - right aroudn the corner from my work actually.

So wish me tons of luck and blessings I am heading out there now to try the bottle :pray:

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I caved! But it was a mutual decision made by my mom and myself. She was getting so weak from not eating that it wasn't good.

So I held Sweet pea then wrestled Aspen and then Wrestled Destiny so she got some but not a whole lot. I put the 4 kids in the kidding stall and Kitten will get a chance ot nurse first thing in the morning and then I will milk them out. This will help them produce more