The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well you guys finally did it, I've joined your crowd, congratulations... (insert slow clap now)...good job.

:lol: Lol, for the past ever, I never really liked goat milk, always drank cows milk.
Well today, I was taking milk out if the fridge to fill bottles for the baby goats, and we were out of cows milk...so I took a sip, low and behold I like goat milk now! :cool:

Maybe it was because I was trying individual does milk back then, but for the animals I just dump it all in the same jug? The mixture of it all combined?
I do have different does now than I had back then, but it's all the same bloodlines...:chin::ponder:
Hmmm, but yes, I do like it now! You guys win :p

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
WHAT!?!? How does one raise dairy goats and dislike goat dairy??

Well, I'm glad you are now one with this page! :ROFL: It must have been some kind of problem with your goats' milk before. Plenty of threads to read through on that one...

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
:DYOU'VE HAD GOATS FOR 20+ YEARS AND YOU HAVENT BEEN DRINKING IT? :eek: WELL I WAS JUST AS BAD UNTILL I TRIED NIGERIAN MILK, BUT ALPINE IS GREAT TOO!! I DONT KNOW WHAT EVERYBODY WAS DRINKING 20 YEARS AGO BUT IT SURE WASNT ALPINE OR ND MILK.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I know I know, it's crazy to have had goats this long and never really like it.
But it was never a "problem" with the milk, it was always clean, does are still fed the same as back then, nothing changed.
But I think I figured it out! I was only tasting pasteurized milk then, not raw. Today I tasted it raw, and it tasted just like cows milk.
So I think "cooking" the milk was my problem with it back then. Because pasteurizing the milk makes me absolutely nauseous with the smell, I hate the smell of it when pasteurizing.
But raw is SO much better!

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
I HATE pastuerized goat milk!!! Raw is SOOOO much better!!!

·
Member with a bahhh
2,472 Posts
That sure is the problem. Pasteurized milk is eww. Be it cow or goat in my opinion. Congrats on coming to the dark side.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts