The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I usually use syringes when I put the pour-on on, as I don't like that bottle. I had one with a little bit in, went fine. The new bottle, I tried that and I'll be dang if I didn't hold it wrong and way more came out than should have. I wiped some off. She's got a winter coat still and it's hot out. I read that there is a safety margin - they are big girls, at least 200 pounds, normally give them around 10cc - I tend to under pour. Should I be concerned? I'll be keeping an eye on her, I'll take them out for their walk now so I can keep a watch. I'm hoping since it was pour-on there is more leeway? Good lord, stomach was in my mouth when I saw all that blue!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank goodness! It's been about an hour, they say signs usually start within 1-2 hours. So once we get over that hurdle, I'll be happy! I took them for their walk early, she was out eating her normal favorites. I'll put some fresh hay in, too.

For future treatments, I'm going to keep that old bottle and pour in the right amount to it and then on them. Syringes can squirt out too fast/hard and they get antsy.

·
Super Moderator
15,935 Posts
To give you a little piece of mind, before there was a issue with so many using it the recommended dose was 3cc per 22 pounds, which is 3X the cattle dose. So if 200 pounds that’s 24cc. I have oppsed before with my application gun and X10 before. I know what you are feeling lol but they were all ok ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh wow! OK, that puts in perspective. I was talking to my mother and I said I don't know what the vet would say if I called for an emergency farm call - had a heck of a time the last time I wanted them to come out.

I was thinking, should I get a wet cloth with some soap and try to wipe it off - you kind of do that what should I do dance. Thankfully it was with the Durevet one, which is alcohol versus the UltraBoss that's oil. By the time I went out there with the other rag, it was mostly dried.

Thanks to you all for helping put my mind at ease! (Although you know I'll be keeping a close eye on her as I sit on the deck!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts