Ivermectin & pregnant does?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by lesserweevil, Mar 25, 2009.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Just checking that it's ok to dose Demi with ivermectin (actually Oramec, the oral type, active ingredient Ivermectin)

Cause she and Harmony appear to have a few lice running around - well they are itching all the time, anyway!

I can't dose Whiss cause she's lactating... but hopefully I can get some dairy/de-louser or something from a neighbour.

LW

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yes you can give it - but it wont help the lice if given orally. you need a topical or give it as an injection.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would use a dust on them. Dust them really well as well as their bedding. Be careful and watch for the goats to be anemic.

4. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    dont have any dust. Ok will see about getting it as an injection. Shouldn't be a problem
    LW

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Can you get ahold of Permectrin II? I use that as a topical - 2.5cc Permectrin II to 1 quart water, then spray down spine.

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    no =[ This is Ireland and pretty much a third world country where animal meds are concerned! Hopefully the injectable Ivomec will work when I get it. I will dose all the sheep as well as the goats, as I expect the sheep will have picked up some lice from the goats.

LW

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    hope it works out for you.... :hug:

8. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Just don't say a word that I'm spending more money on the goats! :greengrin: I keep getting told that every time I turn around I spend more money...

LW

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    don't feel bad...we are all with you ..on that one...been there still doing that here to. :wink:

10. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    What exactly can you use as dewormer for a lactating doe (nursing her kids)? Is there anything that works, but is still safe for the kids? And, if, so, what is the name and dosage for a Nigi?

Thanks!

11. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    All of my does get the Ivermectin orally. I dose at 1cc per 34 pounds but some people are dosing 1cc per 20 pounds. I haven't had any problems with the kids drinking her milk after worming with Ivermectin.