The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ADGA Nigerian Dwarf Goats
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that used the Ivermectrin pour on for her goats. She has 4 younger does..2 Alpines and 2 Saanans and an older Nubian. A few days after the application the older doe started losing hair along her spine. The younger does were all fine and had no reaction. She is figuring that this is from the pour on. Is there anything that she can do? Her doe is continuing to lose hair along her back.. Or could it just be a coincidence and something else is going on? She was going to take some samples in to be checked to see if there was anything else she could do. If this is what caused it does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to relieve the symptoms?

·
14,615 Posts
Hard to say. Could be from the pour on OR the symtoms. Good thing she is bringing in a sample, Id sure like to hear the results of that.
I have used the cattle pour on in heels & had no hair loss there.

·
Super Moderator
59,755 Posts
I have heard of the pour on causing hair loss before so it could very well be from the pour on. Her skin must be sensitive to the ingredients. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do but to wait it out and she should grow it back again.

·
Katrina
3,315 Posts
I used the pour-on for my three goats about a month ago. Two are fine, but the third one has dandruff and the hair on her topline and shoulders has thinned out considerably. It might just be a reaction in individuals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts