The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone given this orally to goats? I have Nigerian and Nubian goats. I need to treat them for the second part of their worming regimen. I treated the first time with ivomec plus but they have been bred now so I need to use the regular ivomec but all I have is the sheep drench. I have never used that. Should that be okay to give them or should I hold out for the cattle ivomec?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was told not to use the ivomec plus if they were less than 100 days bred as it could cause abortions. I have seen that online numerous times also so Im not real comfortable using that. does anyone know the dose for the sheep drench? The % is less than the cattle. I think the cattle Ivomec is 1% and sheep is .08%.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found some more dosing online. Seems the best dose out there was doing 9 mL /26 lbs so that's what I went with. The biggest negative is the quantity is so much more to get down them vs the cattle type. I prefer the cattle type for sure but need to use up this sheep drench anyway. Thanks all for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts