Izzy is acting strange?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Di, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    So, she's the "herd queen" no one eats were Izzy eats. That's the first rule. But, when I fed this morning, she wasn't right there jumping in for her share. So, I decided to watch her for awhile. She's doing alot of stetching, alot. I went to finish feeding and came back and she was laying down in the snow! Her temps 102. No unusual discharges. I decided it had been awhile since I de-wormed her so I did that. I saw her pooh, nice little goat berries. I was a little concerned that I didn't see her P, but, then she did. I "freshened up" the backing soda, but she's not interested. But then none of my goats ever seem interested in the soda or minerals for that matter. She kidded with trips in Oct. She's not PG, as I'm not breeding her again till fall. She may be a little thin, but she never looks bad, even after feeding the kids. Oh, her stomach is really rolling around! I'll check her in a little and update.

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Do you have any Probios or yogurt? I would try to give her a bit of that. Is she being milked? Could she be in heat? I have one that does that when she goes into heat - just acts a little strange.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if she is looking bloated take the baking soda, add a little water (enough to make it stick together) put it into her mouth. She will spit some out but most of it will stay in her mouth.

If she isnt bloated then I am more stumped. Probios and nutri drench are all good ideas at this time too.

How is her breathing? is she acting in pain?

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Maybe she is in heat...she's holding her tail in an odd position...she's not bloated (sides are nice and soft), no heat in her udder, she has her doe kid still with her, but I haven't seen her nurse lately. She could be just enjoying the sun... :shrug:

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I think I will take some yogurt out, she likes that usually.

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I guess she's OK, she's eating now, I guess I'm just a "worry wart"!