Jada's turn!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Di, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Yep, finally! My first due date for this doe was 2/27... :shrug: ...I have been watching her closely for a week now. Got up this morning at 5:00, nothing, checked again at 7:30, nothing. So, I sat down to have my first :coffee2: and blood curdling screaming over the monitor! Took a minute to help the first one out...second came really quickly! That was fast! I'll go get some pics as soon as I finish this :coffee2: Oh yeah, :boy: :boy: both black!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Well, I took some pics, it's almost impossible to get a pic of a black goat in a dark barn, even though I keep the lights on! Oh well, they are huge! I'll have to try to get weights, although, I don't usually do that on the Cashmeres.

OK, here are the boys.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Congrats! :stars: :dance: :stars:

The buck year continues for all of us. lol

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations on the babies.

Here you are just (sort of ) starting you kidding and I have my first babies leaving today to go to their new home.

Do you have any more Cashmere due? I have three that are staying here that are due and I am not happy about that either. I have had almost all does and I hope these next ones continue the pattern, I have people waiting for more babies, they will take either but I get so much more for the does as I am sure everyone else does also.

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Lori, can I be nosey and ask what your prices are for does/bucks? I know you get pet homes for your boys, just curious what they go for there?

7. Nublyans

Nublyans New Member

Mar 10, 2009
  8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well it all depends on the parents fiber and how many goats they buy, and if they are in 4H. I have been selling most my does for$250-$300.00, but if they get more then one then I try to make deals. I will never sell a single goat to anyone if they do not already have goats. I do sell my wethers for the min of $100.00, and that is the bare min, becuase they still produce that beautiful fiber even if they can not have kids. My bucks have been selling for $350.00-$450.00, but we won Grand Champion at all three of the big shows and Reserve at two of the three, so I think we have proven that we have very nice fiber.
    I am not at all trying to sound like a snob, it is just we have worked very hard to get where we are today.

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Oh you are not snobish at all! I understand you have an elite group of fiber goats! I've never sold a doe before, yet, and never been to a fiber show. So, I don't expect to get that much. Cograts!

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats.......they are so cute....... :greengrin: :love:

12. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Thank you everyone! These boys are huge! They are already as big as Charlottes girls! Oh My!

Lori, I'm done kidding (the Cashmere's) for awhile, my girls from last year may or may not be bred for May...I'll have to get some cha cha pics up for evaluation. I think the two bigger girls, Daisy and Princess may be bred, not sure about the twins, kinda hope they aren't.

I have to go out today and comb cashmere. And trim feet! Jada looks terrible...but I can't catch her by myself...even with help she's bad and I didn't want to stress her in late pregnancy...but now she's in the barn and she's definately getting trimmed...no matter what she says!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Congrats on the two little ones - they diffinately are black - LOL! What cuties!

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I spend the day yesterday (Saturday) combing goats. I still have a few more to go. WOW do I have a lot of fiber this year. I sold several older does that I combed , and some of the people were not to happy that they did not get the fiber. I had to explain that I was the one that paid for that fiber in the feed and so on, so I was keeping it. One lady said I was just a snob and a B****, becuase I would not let her have it. OH Well,

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :shocked:

16. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Congrats on the bucklings!