Jaffa and the code of honor!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by yonderhill, May 10, 2009.

1. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I don't remeber it saying in the code of honor to breed in secret and then 21 days later breed in front of an audience so that kidding dates are totally off, but that is what Jaffa and Winter did.. We dropped Jaffa off to be bred December 14th No action was noted or evidence left behind until Jan 7th.. OK she went at 146 days last year so that gave us an estimate of June 1.
    The past few days her udder filled and her ligs got real low and loose huh? Yesterday her ligs were gone.. at 5 pm she delivered healthy buck/doe twins. Oh Jaffa, you stinker! This was my first kidding so it was totally AMAZING! No real problems, I had to help a little the boy was quite large and the girl had 1 leg back so once we had 2 feet forward she slid right out.
    I was going to be starting a watch thread in a week or so, I guess Jaf had other plans.. here are some pics of the cuties.. both have blue eyes (thanks to Winter)

Jennah

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow! theyre flashy!!

3. redsticker

redsticker Member

May 7, 2009
    SE Louisiana
    I love their colors! Their mom is beautiful too! Lucky you! :stars:

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    They look like their mom! Flashy!! :clap:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Thanks! We think they are terribly sweet and we were thrilled to see such flashy colors and blue eyes was just icing on the cake!

Jennah

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe she was a good goat and did make you pull your hair out waiting! hehe

nice flashy kids congratulations on the healthy new ones

8. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Very pretty kids and mom! Congrats :clap: !!!!!

9. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

I know I already told you this- but GORGEOUS kiddos- are you keeping the doeling :love:

10. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Thanks for all your comments.. Yes, we are definetly retaining the doeling. I am a bit grateful that I did not have to do the whole waiting, pins and needles thing I dont think my impatient nature would have enjoyed that. They are outside playing today with Momma and are just cute little buttons!

Jennah

11. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    "Flashy" is a great word for those adorable little kids. I love their colors. At least you aren't having to go out every hour to check on her like I am with my Nubian girl right now.

12. yonderhill

yonderhill New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I am very thankful that I am not pacing the floor, but I still have 2 does left to kid.. I am sure they will make me tear my hair out:)

Jennah

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations on such pretty kids! Mama did very well sneaking them by without you :hair: