Jan In New Mexico

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lissablack, Nov 30, 2009.

1. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I joined today, Sweetgoats sent me, I ran across her the other day online. I'm happy to be here.

I got my first goat five years ago, she is a Nubian. My purpose was to have kinder goats, so now I have 2 nubians and 11 kinders, and a pygmy wether. I believe I have the only registered kinder goats in New Mexico. I would love to have someone tell my I'm wrong about that.

This year i have bred the nubian to a different pygmy, and the person who has the pygmies took my pygmy buck too. He had never been bred to anyone but nubians, and got to spend a month with a couple pygmy does. I think he got to go to heaven. He is a darling thing, I hated to let him go, but I sure think he is better off. I'm lucky there is a thriving community of pygmy goat people here.

Next spring will be the first time I have kids from does who were born here, so that will be exciting. I hope for some decent udders on my yearlings.

This year I started to learn to make aged cheese.

Jan

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    hey Jan nice to meet you :wave:

Would love to see pictures of your Kinders :leap:

3. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'll have to see if I can figure out that photobucket thing. I think one of those photo sites cancelled my membership from non use. I don't think I've ever been to photobucket. The kinders are pretty cute.

Jan

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...Jan ....happy you are here.... :wave: :greengrin:

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Welcome!

Is your Pygmy buck reg? I love looking at new lines. :D

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Yes, his name is Corrales Lil Critters Silverado, and his number is 19448M. If you have the access on the Pygmy goat association web page you can look him up. He went to Pat Kaufman, who has Grandma Pat's Pygmies (I think that's what her herd name is). All of my kinders who were born here are either his kids or grandkids. This year one of my nubian does was bred to another one of her pygmy bucks.

Jan

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hey Jan, :wave:

I am so glad you are here. :leap: It is good to see you.

I hope you like it here, as I am sure you will.

Let me know if you need help with those pictures.

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Oh, OK. I love those lines! :thumb:

9. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    So I did good? I knew nothing. My nubian doe that is the main base of my herd is also good.

Silver was just beautiful to me.

Jan

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hi Jan :wave:

Kinders are cute...The ones I've seen around here have sorta floppy tipped ears and are so sweet!

11. Zelda

Zelda Guest

May 2, 2009
    :wave: Hi there,

Bet your goats are not loving this weather - I am just north of you near Farmington (if you are in Corrales?) MAN it's cold!

12. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Hi and welcome!!!!

Need pictures - of course. :)

One of my goats is probably a kinder - I don;t know for sure becuase she was freebie from CL.

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    some one gave you a CL positive goat? :scratch:

14. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I think she mean't Craigslist...

15. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hi Everyone!

Zelda, you are in Farmington? What kind of goats do you have? It's colder there, I think. This morning it was maybe 13 here, the coldest it has been this year. I live south of Albuquerque, between Belen and Los Lunas. It isn't warmer though, it's not far from the river, and is both colder and warmer than much of Albuquerque.

Trace - Craigs List! O what a big difference!

I am going to try to post some pictures on the pictures page, don't know how that will work out.

Jan

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Yep...Real nice farm! And the lady you sold him to has awesome lines as well.

17. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    He got to spend a month with two does, he must have been in heaven. He never got to breed anyone but nubians before, and that was a two second deal, and very difficult. When I took my doe there to be bred he hid from us. It was very clear he didn't want to come home. I am very glad.

Jan