Jane and Nuttahs' Waiting Thread! *Both kidded*

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Anna, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Here are my girls I KNOW are bred. :leap: :leap:
    Both FF, 2 year olds and due Feb. 25(day 150)!

Nuttah
    [​IMG]
    fuzzy little udder. Planning on clipping tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Jane (aka: Jane the Pain,lol). She is HUGE. The picture really doesnt show it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were clipped for a show in early Dec. so they are wearing thier shirts here. Maybe that's why the pictures dont show them as large as they are in real life. Anywho... I need lots of :kidred: :kidred: :kidred: but if I had to have bucks they need to be Nuttah's. Her kids will be PB Alpines, but Jane's a nubian, so kids will be Nupines, which I can't sell very easily around here. I'll have to do the poll sniff test. I can't wait :stars: :stars:

2. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Re: Jane and Nuttahs' Waiting Thread!

Ok, here's Jane from last week. Please Excue her dirty shirt.It warmed up a little so was very muddy and the yearlings had to pick on the poor pregnant girls. LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Woo Hooo :leap: Just a month to go!! Hope you do get those girls :kidred:

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Pretty girls! I love their sweaters, how cute!!! I have 2 girls who are also due on Feb 25th and another due that week give or take a few days!

5. Re: Jane and Nuttahs' Waiting Thread!

Awwwee, I love nubi's, even though I don't have one! Good luck with your upcoming kiddings! Thinking pink for ya! :kidred: :kidred: :kidred:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Nice girls thinking pink...pink.... :hi5: :kidred: :kidred:

7. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

Well, I was going through my little goat calender and on February 17 I read "Jane Due"" and on Feb. 19th I see "Nuttah due" :shocked: I was going by a little note I had saved in my ipod. Looking at Jane I'm going "well I guess I could say that"...and looking at Nuttah I think she looks like the 2o something... :GAAH: I don't know what I did, date wise, but I guess we'll see. I'll have to be prepared. I only had the buck 3 days. So it has to be either or. lol.

Here is Jane yesterday, she's so miserable. Bless her heart. i'm getting really excited about her udder coming in, the texture feels so nice!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Nuttah.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Jane looks to have 3 in there! Wow is she low!

9. Coyote Night Acres

Coyote Night Acres New Member

Dec 26, 2010
    Missouri

Oh I'de be pulling my hair out with date issues. That's why I always like to put down the day I seen the doe's breed on the calendar, then I can go back and count the days up if I have any doubt/question of a due date.

Good luck, they are looking good. I missed a date on one of my girls, never caught her heat or breeding but I did see her messy tail so I'm going off that date. Her udder looks a lot like Nuttah's right now, I have her due March 1st.

10. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

I'm thinking Jane either has really large twins or triplets in there. If that's the case than I'll go by the 25th I think. Her udder has a long way to go, lot's of skin still. Has anyone noticed that nubians tend to really grow down rather than out?? Nuttah is a pretty large doe- she could hide twins in there, but my feeling is a single.

Did the sniff test today. Jane smells like hay and molasses. YAY! maybe :kidred: :kidred: :kidred:

Nuttah smells bucky. I want my PB Alpine does though :( Hopefully if she has to have a buck she'll through in a doeling too.

11. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

Possibly day 142 or 134, and both girls have really dropped. Nuttah doesn't even look bred today by her belly. LOL. Poor Jane, moans and groans as she bearly waddles around. She's going to be so happy to get those kids out and done with.

12. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Nice girls. ;) Love the sweaters.
    Thinking Pink for ya. :D :dance:

13. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Re: Jane and Nuttahs' Waiting Thread! *New Pics*

Alright here's pics from yesterday- I'm thinking they still have a week to go. But when you make it to a week out you kinda just don't know for sure until they are in labor. I'm on the look out :)

Nuttah
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jane
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm so ready for these little stinkers. :leap:

14. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL
    Re: Jane and Nuttahs' Waiting Thread! **New Pics Added 2/17*

Well, when I went out this afternoon, Jane had about a 4 inch string of of goo. Ligs are pretty soft but can still feel them a little way up her tail- definantly different than this morning. Going on baby watch just in case!!

15. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I hope she goes soon! And with at least :kidred: :kidred:

16. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

Awww I hope she gives you babies soon! I have a doe that I am starting to watch tonight too. Her ligs are basically gone, you can barely feel them towards her backbone, soooo mushy. I feel so bad for them at this point in pregnancy, they are just soooo uncomfortable!

17. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

I think she's gonna go this weekend. I can't see her making it to the 25th like this. LOL. Nuttah still hasn't changed.

Ok, now question. Has it been everyone's experiance that a kid on top of the rumen means multiples? This morning I saw a whole little foot stick out of the top of Jane's rumen side and i was able to grab it for a second before the kid turned again, yet her baby side is deep and wide too?

I've thought I felt a kid there but never actually felt such distinct movement. It was so cool.

18. bleatinghearts

bleatinghearts New Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, AK

:) Holly Molly you have some very nice goat there! They all look so healthy and happy! :thumb:

19. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

Tonight, Jane must have been feeling something uncfortable... in the barn by herself with her ears back... ligs still kinda there, more goop... maybe a kid was just pushing on something funny or she's starting labor. I hope she's not getting sick on me. Or that something's going wrong. She just didn't look like she was feeling well. Gave her omega-3 energy/vitamin drench....

I'll check on her in a couple more hours. I have to be at work at 7:30 in the morning though :(

20. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

Went out again, and Jane's still not right. Somethings really off. Checked temp normal, breathing a little faster than usual. Head down. Ears back. Feels like she's just staring right through me. Wont lay down, won't walk around. Drenched her with calcium. I'm just not seeing enough labor signs to fit her feeling so rotten.... Perhaps I'm just loosing my mind... and my hair...