The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jane is one of our new Momma's. She has probably had babies before and she is about 4 years old. As best as we can tell, her babies were probably taken and bottle fed because she was a bit confused for a week or so about what do do with them. She fed them and cared for them but seemed to forget they were hers. Anyway, they are now 17 days old and doing very well. She has had them 100% of the time. Today this is her rear end. Any ideas? She pooped right in front of me so I grabbed it for a fecal but it was perfectly formed berries. Her temp is 102.3. She is eating, peeing and pooping fine. Her last fecal was 10 days ago and was ok egg wise. We treated her with Ivermectin orally on February 2nd. Prior to that, we used Long Range dewormer on November 24th. Her FAMACHA is a steady 2. I gave her Probios this morning. 1. Why is her tail so dirty? 2. Why does she have blood coming from her lady place? Thanks!
Eye Jaw Terrestrial animal Fawn Snout

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts

·
Administrator
85,534 Posts
Are saying saying her discharge from her vulva, smells poopy?
If so, I would be concerned she may have an infection.

Otherwise, if it smells like a normal vaginal type discharge, she is OK.

If she stinks, she will need antibiotics and and may need a flush depending.

A vet needs to see her in case.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are saying saying her discharge from her vulva, smells poopy?
If so, I would be concerned she may have an infection.

Otherwise, if it smells like a normal vaginal type discharge, she is OK.

If she stinks, she will need antibiotics and and may need a flush depending.

A vet needs to see her in case.
No, the poop on her tail smelled poopy and the blood smelled bloody. It is clean today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.