The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting a chance to post here. We bred 6 does for January kids and they all birthed out between last Wed-Sun.
Originally had 1 due on Tues (kidded Wed), 5 due on Fri (1 Wed, 2 Thurs, 2 Sun).

Harmony was first, had triplets - 2 does, 1 buck. We did pull a traditional doe and sold her as a bottle baby -first time we've ever done that, but felt it was best (went to 4-H family so that made us very happy).
Pictured 5 days old
This is her buckling:

Doeling:

Jazabelle kidded that night with a big single doe, she is super outgoing and made fast friends with Harmony's buck kid when they were out playing yesterday.
Pictured 5 days old

Mindy kidded Thurs with twins, I adore her babies, but then Mindy is my baby.
Pictured 4 days old
This is her doe:

Mindy's buckling:

Thurs night Bella kidded twins = pictured 4 days old
Bella's doe:

Bella's buck:

Misty kidded on Sunday with a doe kid - pictured at 24 hours old.

Chloe is the last doe to kid on Sunday evening with twin traditional bucks. I don't have good pictures of them yet as I was not feeling well today (allergies + physical therapy = miserable lol). Hopefully I can get pics tomorrow.

More pics:
Mindy's twins, Jazzy's doe, and Harmony's buck

Jazzy's doe and Mindy's doe

Jazzy's doe lays down to nurse lol I love Jazzy's expression lol

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much everyone! We're loving them, they are all super sweet!
I wanted to get pics of Chloe's boys but didn't have a chance to get the camera out.
Kid sitting 10 babies who go in every direction by yourself can be busy lol
I am watchful of Hawks and sure enough today one was hovering. He saw me and kept his distance, then landed in a tree nearby! So I had to grab kids and put them in the barn. So frustrating!

Oh goodness I think these are the cutest kids I've ever seen! Are they boer?
Thanks! Yes they are full blood Boer except for Bella - her kids are 94% (making her doe a purebred but bucklings have to be I think 96 or 97% to be purebred... Crazy I know).

Of course - awesome kids from your herd..... and I need to hire you for pics.... mine are HORRIBLE>>>>>>
Thanks! It's super hard to get good pics sometimes even with a good camera!

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've been trying to get on here and update, but am having issues with getting on here with my computer! So we'll see if this works. It's one of those security alert spam things that pop up (no viruses or anything on the computer). Weird.

Anyway, I just wanted to update that all the babies are doing well. They got to spend the last 2 days outside, living it up! But sadly, today it's raining and we have rain chances every day for the extended forecast. Rain = wet = mud = yuck.

I took my camera out yesterday afternoon and got a few pics.

Harmony's buck - my son named him Skeeter

Harmony's doe - my daughter wants to call her Lizzy

That look lol

Lizzy and Skeeter think this is their bed lol

Jazzy's doe - those eyes!

Misty's doe

Mindy's doe is the most social and they are all very social/friendly, but she loves to be held and snuggled. 100% lap goat and she is obsessed with nibbling and chewing especially our fingers lol

She wanted a closer look at those glasses!

One of Chloe's boys. He was so sleepy!

Mindy's doe and buck

Bella, her doe and buck. It is so hard to get pics of these babies. They are super cute. The doe is the lightest red doe kid, and so far has a really nice build.

We need to work on names, and registered name. But we also don't know which ones the kids will end up keeping/showing.

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
Ha! Don’t let her fool you! It’s not just the camera doing that, it’s her too! She has helped me a lot with my camera and I still can’t get my pictures to look half that good. She’s got talent, and beautiful subjects :love:
You really do have some very beautiful kids this year. Well to be honest I’ve never seen a ugly kid out of your stock lol but they are just so stunning this year

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thank you!

I used my Canon 80D with 24-105mm F4 lens.
Ha! Don't let her fool you! It's not just the camera doing that, it's her too! She has helped me a lot with my camera and I still can't get my pictures to look half that good. She's got talent, and beautiful subjects :love:
You really do have some very beautiful kids this year. Well to be honest I've never seen a ugly kid out of your stock lol but they are just so stunning this year
Sigh...one of the many talents I wished I had...photography.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Oh my goodness...jaw dropping adorable ! Now are these kidds from your twin show boers?
Your photography is amazing! Would you put your pictures on the 2020 Kidding Tally? I know you listed them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts