Jasmine's kidding thread

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 4kids, Dec 12, 2009.

1. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
  2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Last year she hid her triplets really well! It wasnt until like the last two weeks that I thought wow she is really round!! So I wouldn't be surprised if she is hiding triplets again.

She looks great! I can't wait to see these babies! :thumbup:

3. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh. That would be nice. She has become a great addition to our miniherd. She loves my attention and is trying to push Clementine out of herd queen. When did her udder start to fill last time, Addie? Do you remember if she went early? I think Wildflower will go first.

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Boy look at all that snow! I don't envy that. I'm anti-cold. Hehe I think she looks great. I have a couple due in Jan too. Cha-Cha on the 23rd and Hallelujah on the 24th. Your doe looks like she's the same size as my girls. Good luck! :D

5. ProctorHillFarm

I dont really know when her udder started to fill- I know around day 138 it was about half the size it would be when she kidded. I am pretty sure she went on day 146 this year- it might have been 147, but it definately wasnt early or late.

And so far shes had 1 buck and 4 does, so hopefully she continues that trend for you! :wink:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Can't wait.. to see her babies....she is lovely.... :love: :greengrin:

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    My girls due late January have obvious udders coming in now. Your girl doesn't look to have much of one in that photo. What do you feed?

8. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Blue Seal Caprine Challenger, alfalpha pellets, black oil seeds, diamond yeast, hay in am and pm (grain mix only in am).

I am alittle worried. I have two in due in January- not much of an udder on either but Jasmine (bought from Proctor Hill) didn't fill to 2 weeks prior to kidding (Addie said)

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well they do still have tons of time to fill in. Are they both first timers? I don't expect much udder development on first timers.

10. ProctorHillFarm

Can you feel an udder under all that hair?

She definatly had little udder started about a month out last time- but the most filling in her udder happened two weeks up until her due date.

She will be a third freshener this year and had quite a lot of capacity last year as a second freshener (she fed her own doeling and gave me tons of extra milk to feed our two bottle baby nubians!!) So it will come in.

11. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    smallest tiny udder- she has not aborted or come into heat. Should I be concerned?

12. ProctorHillFarm

No Im sure everything will be fine- hang in there- time is going to drag, but I can't wait to see these kiddos either- I have to wait until the end of March for my own Don Juan kiddos, so I will be living through yours! :greengrin:

13. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well day 132- still not much of an udder at all but I can see and feel the kid(s) moving. Anyone else have this happen? Picture to come...

14. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    [​IMG] here she is!

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ha ha I like her face. You know you can turn the pictures. ;) Just put your mouse over the top edge of the picture on Photobucket and a menu should pop up.

16. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh! Just getting the hang of photobucket... on to start Jazz's thread

17. ProctorHillFarm

Oh my lord look at that belly!
    She looks like she is starting to drop already- I mean look at her rear picture from the 23rd and now!!! :shocked:

I still cant believe there isnt much udder development, that is strange......

18. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I was watching her from the window today and it was obvious that a kid(s) were moving in there. Udder is tiny though! Who knows- maybe it will pop overnight!

19. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Oh Addie, you are so right! When I went back and compared the photos I was amazed! Sometimes when you see them all the time you don't realize the change! I am also a bit of a worry wart!