Jasmine's kidding thread

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 4kids, Dec 12, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Any updates here?- She's getting close to that due date!

2. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    She is starting an udder finally! Still small but there. She is also widening in the bottom area. I'll try to get a photo.

3. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Still nothing! I have finally recovered from Wildflower's kidding last week and am excited to see what Jasmine has. Her due date (150) is Thursday!

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    At least you have a firm due date this time! :thumb:

5. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

My goat didnt get an udder until 3 hours before she was due, and she was a 4th freshener!!
    Some goats just wait lol
    How is she??
    Any new development??

6. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Udder is a little bigger. Her belly is big. Udder isn't tight however. Back end is stretching but no discharge. I don't think tonight. :ponder:Although she did let me pet her alot which isn't really like her. She usually is a two pet girl then she goes on her way.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    getting closer but yah probably not tonight

8. ProctorHillFarm

I think we need some new pictures! :) She must be getting close- day 148 today!
    (didn't I tell you she would hang onto those kiddos until the last minute? :laugh: )

9. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    New pictures coming.(when my sister comes to babysit!) She seems to be ready to let them go!!!! I am praying during the day and not night! Doesn't she know I am up all the time with a toddler who won't stay in her bed!

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Arg! Your making me so jealous! I can't WAIT for mine to kid LOL

11. ProctorHillFarm

Woohoo! Come on Jasmine! Show us those kiddos!

She's a pro- she kidded for the first time OUT in the goat pen (bought with no real breeding date) and I had just recently had my son, so wasnt paying a whole lot of attention to the goats, and she kidded out in the goat pen IN the snow and mothered those babies like an old pro! Her second freshening I had her in the kidding stall and arrived to check on her right as she started to push the first girl out, had her triplets with no help from me (i just observed!). So hopefully she continues her track record for you!

12. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    ashley you are around the next few days right for Jen's emotional back up service!

13. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
  14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Happy kidding.... sounds soon... :thumbup: :hug:

15. ProctorHillFarm

So are you busy with kids...or? UPDATE! :)

16. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Tried to get picture- battereries dead... no kids.Jasmine as of 2 minutes ago is laying down in her normal spot in the barn.. She did let me pet her for a few minutes which is not normal unless I have something good to offer (like food) which I didn't. Will check again in a few hours. I quess it will be a long night!

17. ProctorHillFarm

Is her udder full & tight? Mushy hind end? If those things arent in place yet I would say she isnt going tonight :)

18. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well she didn't go last night even though I checked constantly. Mushy hind end for sure. Her udder has grown but not tight tight. Maybe today. Of course the day we have horse management class for 1.5hrs!

19. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    of course - thats perfect timing ;)

20. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Mushy mushy, some arching of the back but still holding on!