Jasmine's kidding thread

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 4kids, Dec 12, 2009.

1. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Laying down chewing her cud. Sometimes scratching her stomach once in a while. When I come in and make her stand up to look at her she backs her rump right into a corner. It is pretty funny!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL..... :ROFL: They live to torture us.... :hug:

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I hope Jazz isn't this mean!!! AHHH!!

4. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Okay when do you get concerned... Jasmine started contracting last night about 9:30. Obvious arching back contractions. I checked her every hour and sometimes she was laying down, sometimes standing arching. She is obviously uncomfortable. Is it normal for it to go on this long when she is not a ff? Sorry- tired goat owner brain today!

5. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Yes I have been with them for up to 8 hours- you may want to go in and check though to see if her cervix is dilated or if a kid is stuck

6. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well- we will see what today brings. I let he out this morning and she ran to get more hay! Labor seems to be on hold. Pray it is today. I need to sleep!

7. ProctorHillFarm

Well if she is worried about eating she cant be too uncomfortable! Maybe she was just getting those babies into position- pre labor stuff can take forever

Babies in the afternoon sun today I bet! :)

If you have any problems/questions- you have my cell phone number, give me a call!

8. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Addie- Can you private message me your number again. Hopefully everything will go smooth. It is supposed to be very nice today almost 40. In my opinion a good day for babies!!!!! My children and I are taking bets on how many. My daughter says twins but I think trip. Picture in an hour or so (need to feed human kids first!)

9. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    photos...

IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums

10. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    [​IMG]

another photo

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Looks like the kids have dropped and she's ready to pop lol

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Course her udder dosen't look incredibly big, but some fill up while they are kidding.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: Kids sooooooon..... :wink:

14. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Nope. She doesn't seem distressed at all right now

15. ProctorHillFarm

wierd.......if she was really having contractions all night, with no progress as of now, I would be checking to see if there was anything going on with the cervix/birth canal

16. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    She doesn't seem to be uncomfortable and my vet said because no mucuos string or huge amount of discharge to give it a day or two and see. Could she have been bred on the 5 day heat not on the first? She is walking around outside. rubbing on the spools and eating hay. Go figure!!!!!

17. ProctorHillFarm

I gave you her due date from her LAST breeding date- I cant remember if she had a 5 day heat or not (Ive bred so many!) but I always go by the very last breeding date to calculate their due dates

Just FYI- I have only had a handful of does that show discharge before they kid ;)

18. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Addie -I just called you and left my number on your cell. Can you give me a call?
    Thanks

19. ProctorHillFarm

Uh- phone is in the car! I am trying to get Aiden in the car and drop him off at the inlaws- will call you in 15-20 min or so once Im kid free and on my way to work! :)