Jasmine's kidding thread

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 4kids, Dec 12, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Poor Jen is off to the vet getting a C-section on her as we speak. I went over and tried to help, but something is up.

2. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Awwwww I hope those babies are ok!

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It's a girl!!!! Mom and kid are headed home now. Jen just called me to let me know. The kid is HUGE!

4. TinyHoovesRanch

She only had one???
    WOW
    CONGRATS TO THE PROUD MOM!!

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yep just one. Vet said it was too big to come out on it's own.

6. TinyHoovesRanch

awwwww WELL...... she better have lots of pics to keep us happy!

7. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

o_0 *quickly opens another window to go back into the kidding thread to look at the pictures of Jasmine*
    ONE?
    Only ONE?
    I need to see this kid.
    Congrats on 'the' healthy baby. :D

8. TinyHoovesRanch

I was thinking 2....but I guess that baby was just a big one!!
    I bet shes soooo cute

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow!

well, great job on getting to to a vet and taken care of :hugs: cant wait to see!!!

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    WhoooHooo!!! Congrats!! I'm glad everything went well! Better get us some pics!

11. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well not sure what the good/bad news is here. Last night at midnight I assisted in an emergency c-section to save Jasmine and her kid (no vet tech was available). We thought the kid had passed and just wanted to save Jasmine. When he opened her up much to both of our surprises she was alive and kicking. He had to cut twice to get her out. She had lots of fluid in her lungs but is doing well. Jasmine was put back together and though things were touch and go she pulled through and came home with me around 2. Jasmine has earned the spot of hay eater in our miniherd and will never be bred again. The doe kid however has the dreaded pea sized growth on her vulva. I will post pictures and tell me what you think. The doe is easily the size of both the kids we had last week put together. She is huge and a black/dark brown. Pictures in the next few hours. I am exhausted both physically, financially and emotionally. Two hard births in two weeks! Agh! :sigh:

12. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my gosh, thats awful.... I can't even believe it!

Looking forward to pictures.....Poor Jasmine and poor you :(

Did the vet say she would never be able to be bred again? I cant even believed that happened, she had two very easy kiddings before....

13. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The vet said "Don't". He couldn't believe the kid!

14. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    I'm sooo sorry this has happened to you. This is not the norm for goat births, to have had two difficult births in a row is horrible luck. None of this is your fault. Kudos to you for getting her to the vet in time. I hope things go smoothly for you from here on out. :hug:

15. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well the silver lining is that Addie and Ashley were great supporters in my goat midwifery! Loading photos now. Jasmine did sit up and I was able to get the kid to latch on to one side easily. I did also syringe her some of Wildflower's milk but really wanted her to have the colostrum from Jasmine.

16. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    [​IMG]

Jasmine's kid and my son

17. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
  18. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    [​IMG]