Jasmine's kidding thread

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 4kids, Dec 12, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very huge kid!

I had to stay up last night to find out the outcome - so glad you saved mom and kid. What a beautiful coloring she has.

as to her hoohoo - looks normal to me :shrug:

2. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

WOW- she is enormous, and oh my is she beautiful........I do think her cha cha looks normal too, watch it as she grows but I think she's okay

How is Jasmine feeling? Are you bottle feeding the kid or is she able to nurse enough from Jasmine?

Im sending you an email now Jen.....

3. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Jasmine is doing okay. Very sore. We are drenching her with nutradrench, water and probois 1 oz per hour. We did get the baby to latch on and she is sucking like crazy! I did syringe her some of Wildflower's milk just to hold her off but really was trying to get in the colostrum. The kid is full of energy! We are choosing a name now..... :ponder:

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    RunAround? :p LOL just kidding.

5. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    drum roll please.... introducing our newest girl Proctor Hill Athena! She is a big girl! Jasmine is still (obviously) in a lot of pain. We did get Athena on this morning but have been syringing her since. Should I be worried about Jasmine becoming too full? She is in too much pain for me to hold her and let her nurse or to even milk her out. Suggestions please!

6. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

oh poor girl! Man, that is a big kid! 0_0
    don't have any suggestions for you,
    but congrats on the healthy kid.
    hope Jasmine feels better soon.

7. ProctorHillFarm

Awe Athena is a great name- when you register her just stuck a DJ in front of Athena (for Don Juan)

Yes I would be worried about Jasmine becoming too full, are you giving her anything for pain right now?
    If she had banamine I think that would help her out a lot- you could put warm compresses on her udder for some relief and try your best to milk even just a little out of her udder if she becomes engorged

I remember when I had just had my son- and well standing in a hot shower or hot towels were like the only relief for me there, Im sure you know what I mean!!!!

8. ProctorHillFarm

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You really need to try and milk her out a bit. Don't want her to come down with mastitis. You have her on Antibioitics right? I assume you do, just reminding you in case you forgot. Ask the vet for a shot of banamine for her to help with the pain.

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow...that is a big kid.... :shocked: a big congrats.... :greengrin: :thumbup:

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Hey guys, Jasmine isn't doing that great and I know Jen would appreciate some prayers for her doe. :( :pray: :hug:

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I pray that Jasmine pulls through for you...wow did she give you a massive kid! Athena is a very pretty baby.

13. ProctorHillFarm

Oh man :( my thoughts are with her- and poor Jasmine, I really hope she can pull through this

14. Rainbow Meadows Farm

Rainbow Meadows Farm New Member

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    :pray: :pray: :pray:
    I hope she pulls through. My thoughts are with you both

15. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry to hear this! I am :pray: that Jasmine makes it. :pray: :pray: :pray:

:hug: :hug: :hug: to you as well!!!