Jewelz - question for you

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Nov 19, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So I have the 16 does and 2 wethers in a pen together but they can smell the boys through little slits in the wood to where the bucks are - but NO ability to breed through the wall.

The last two days - my wether Edward, who is a little bit of a "teaser buck" has been going absolutely crazy trying to mount everyone and everything. He was really after Jewelz and Blanca. Jewelz is a ND 2 year old never freshened or been bred until she came here and I watched Joe breed her and she hunched on November 2nd. Tonight I got home and Saki - my other wether that has NEVER cared about a doe in heat, ever, was mounting her and she hunched. She is 16-17 days past breeding. So I let Joe out (15 minutes after Saki tried to breed her) She ran like crazy. Would not let Joe anywhere near her. I even grabbed her and Joe came over to her - and she was like a bucking bronco trying to get away. So I let loose and she ran and ran and ran. Finally she stopped and Joe didn't care anything about her at all. Even with the barn door open between the does and the bucks - the bucks were not trying to get to the does at all!

Do you think she could have took from the breeding on Nov 2nd? The bucks are not peeing on themselves, not calling through the wall, nothing..... i am so darn confused!

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Sometimes they just want a specific buck. Like my doe Anna. She was in heat and I could tell. So I put her out with Zorro and she would run away as fast as possible. Then I walked Larkspur up to her and she flagged and everything.

So Maybe she didn't want poor Joe and wanted your wether instead. Or she's bred and her and the wether were having fun!?! :ROFL: I know my doe Xcell is still hot for the boys when she's bred. :shocked:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well I think that I am going to pull blood on everyone either this weekend or next and see who all is confirmed preggers and who is not. If I wait till next weekend then she will be the 28 days that they ask for after breeding. But if I pull on Sunday she will be 21 days. Should I wait the extra week? What do you think?

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Waiting the xtra week would ensure the test result right? It very well could be pregnancy hormones causing all the confusion with her, My Binky never did show signs of her expected heat on the 7th but is now being super lovey with Angel?? and doing those funny looking belly twists...still no signs of heat and she should be around 4 weeks along....as is Angel??? Who knows, your doe is more than likely bred , just has those hormones out of whack....once you do test, how long before you get results?

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Maybe she's just really used to having the wether around her so she's not running from him. I have a doe that does this and she just keeps on teasing me. I believe the first time I put her w/ a buck in October she got bred, but she's done heat signs 3 more times since then and the wether keeps mounting her when she comes in these false heats,,,,so I put her w/ the buck and she runs and runs and runs and won't let him get her...she'll even lay down in the corner! So I figure she's got to be bred, because she stood for the buck, i'm thinking these are just pregnancy hormones etc.

I bet Jewlz is bred! :thumb: :wink:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I sure hope that she is. She was being a little hoochie this morning with the wether. I am going to let Joe out one more time tonight and see what happens - but I think that I will wait until the 30th to draw the blood and I think I will have the results by the end of the week. I am also going to try and get cha-cha pics of snow and ginger. Ginger would be 2 months preggers, and Snow could be 1 month or 2 months preggers (never saw her bred - but was in with the buck)

Heck maybe I will take pics of everyone and everyone can guess and then we will have the blood test results to confirm for fun - what do you all think!