The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we hit our first snag. I have a psychotic cat - she is a Siamese - named Sassy. I found her sitting on the windowsill of Mom and Dad's house and the only thing she is afraid is people. She regularly terrorizes the goats, and she is being a pill with Jill. I don't think Jill has been around cats before, and I will guarantee you she has never been around a cat like Sassy. Jill is unsure how to respond to Sassy. I keep a squirt bottle handy, and I've squirted Sassy but Jill is going to have to adapt to her. I know she is on overload right now, but she is getting lots of love and pets and reassurances.

On another note, I screwed up. Jill came to me because she was not sure about Sassy, and I picked her up and set her on my lap thinking if she was near me Sassy couldn't upset her. She started shaking like a leaf in a gale force wind! Why do people do this to animals? I don't understand. From now on I will let Jill set the pace.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes let me set the pace :ROFL: Sorry couldn't resist....my name is Jill....;)

Sorry your doggie is scarred....she will come around...i have a 15 year old that used to be like that. She took several months to calm down.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Poor thing... We also have a cat who is a total pill to the dogs. Takes them a while to get things figured out..

Our puppy who we got about a year ago, when we first got him, he didn't move for over a whole day unless we made him, so don't worry, it will take time for her to come around :)

:hug:

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Poor Jill. It will work out. We had a huge german shepherd that was a terror to ALL our cats except one....and that one had established at the start that HE was the king. Jill will adjust because I think you 2 are going to be a great match. Noone that knows Jill could believe what we were telling them about how she acted up there....especially where she went right up to Trae and let him pet her!! I think the shaking is just part of Jill's makeup....she did a lot of shaking in the back seat on the way up there. BTW...it was really fun meeting you and getting to see your set-up

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Aw poor Jill.. I'm sure she will come around in time she's probably just a little stressed. It sounds like your going to take good care of her though and that will help her get settled.

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW...it was really fun meeting you and getting to see your set-up
Thank you. I really enjoyed meeting you and Cass and talking!

She's settling in. I put the leash away yesterday, and she lets me know when she needs to go out now. Her tail is not completely tucked nearly as much as it was, either. I also had to add a coffee cup of dog food to her bowl last night. When I pat my leg she will put her front legs and chest in my lap, too. We are making progress! :dance:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Also GoatCrazy, I think its really encouraging that Jill chose to come to you for reassurance (she did make the first move)... I would keep a pocket full of nibbles (diced cheese, hotdogs, jerky is alot easier to keep in your pockets) and just give her a bit when she approaches you-- its a way of reinforcing to her that you are Good things....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts