Jitterbug's FF under

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by StaceyRosado, Apr 19, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Disappointing is the word I would describe for Jitterbug's udder

Her one side is meaty while the other is so flat it makes her look lopsided. Side and rear attachements are real nice, teats point down and a bit forward as is desired but UGH that lopsided look :sigh: :tears:

[attachment=1:vkifyap3]Jitterbug full.jpg[/attachment:vkifyap3]
    This is her meaty side forgot to get the smaller side forudder view
    [attachment=0:vkifyap3]jbugforudder.jpg[/attachment:vkifyap3]

Attached Files:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hopefully... she will even out ....the next go around.... FF can change.... :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    this isnt somethign that will straighten out on its own - its like one side is meaty and the other isnt.

Did a mastitis test and she doesnt have that thankfully (didnt think so but had to check anyway) might just be congested so going to try hot compresses.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :hug: good luck Stacey...I know it has to be very frustrating...Jitterbug is a beautiful doe... :hug:

5. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    It's so disappointing when mammaries don't turn out the way you wish :sigh: I would do the hot compresses because it does look a little congested, hopefully that will help with the texture...it would be odd that one side is inconsistant with the other :? I've never seen this, but hopefully she'll straighten out! she does have nice laterals btw.

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yeah, I agree that the "meatyness" is probably atleast partly due to congestion. Once she softens up a bit her udder will probably even out more.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Other than the odd side, she has a really nice udder. Congestion would be my guess as well due to the fact it's just the one side. Teats are placed well and she has a nice smoothe fore. Future freshenings would be in her favor.