The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know those Jolly Ball brand apple or carrot licks. Are they safe for goats as well?
I was thinking of getting one for my does. Its been do rainy here that they can't go outside and they just seem so bored.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
I've seen them at TSC and I'm pretty sure theres nothing in the apple flavored ones that would hurt a goat, alot of sugar though...and I think they taste good too...like a jolly rancher hard candy.(yes I did try a taste...with my finger though not my tongue)

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I would definately think that's fine for the goaties. After all some people are worming with horse wormer so I would think a horse treat wouldn't hurt. I think i'll try that with my little goats and see how they like it, I think they'll have a lot of fun with that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know of people feedering regular horse treats as well. Don't know how their goats chew them but they do.
Tough gums I guess.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I have a blueberry scented jolly ball in my buck pen. Apex loves it. I have it tied to one of those twist in dog tie out things because he likes to get it under the electric fence. I can imagine they would be just fine for goats
beth

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I have just a regular jolly ball rubber one for the colt. It is always moved but I have never seen anyone playing with it.

I give my goaties horse treats. The peppermint they die for! They also like the Apple and the butterscotch. I haven't tried the Black Licorice ones.

I am DEFINATELY getting a Jolly lick!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got one tonight and am going to try it when I get home to my dads.
Will let you all know how is goes.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have mini donkeys, so I have the apple flavored horse treats AND the licorice flavored goat treats. The donkeys eat the goats treat and vice versa. I just give the goats smaller pieces so no one gets choked on anything and they seem fine. They love the apple flavored treats. And there's nothing in them that would hurt them that I know of. Here's what's in the kind I give them:

Active Ingredients: Wheat Middlings, Soybean Hulls (15%), Linseed Meal, Hominy Feed, Cane Molasses, Feeding Oatmeal, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Meal, Dried Whey, Corn, Fenugreek Seed Minerals and Vitamins

It's the Manna Pro Apple Bite-Size Nuggets, Horse Treats. :)

Angie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts