Jolly Ball Licks

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Pheonix08, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    You know those Jolly Ball brand apple or carrot licks. Are they safe for goats as well?
    I was thinking of getting one for my does. Its been do rainy here that they can't go outside and they just seem so bored.

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I don't know but am hoping someone will know on here. Those things look nice for the goaties. . . .

3. gnomes'n'goats

gnomes'n'goats New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Under a mushroom
    When I read the title to this thread, I almost died laughing. :ROFL:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I've seen them at TSC and I'm pretty sure theres nothing in the apple flavored ones that would hurt a goat, alot of sugar though...and I think they taste good too...like a jolly rancher hard candy.(yes I did try a taste...with my finger though not my tongue)

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Liz - you know you licked it - its ok to say it - we are all friends here !!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I would definately think that's fine for the goaties. After all some people are worming with horse wormer so I would think a horse treat wouldn't hurt. I think i'll try that with my little goats and see how they like it, I think they'll have a lot of fun with that.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I actually didn't Allison...honest :ROFL: But it did taste good :slapfloor:

8. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    I know of people feedering regular horse treats as well. Don't know how their goats chew them but they do.
    Tough gums I guess.

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

I have a blueberry scented jolly ball in my buck pen. Apex loves it. I have it tied to one of those twist in dog tie out things because he likes to get it under the electric fence. I can imagine they would be just fine for goats
    beth

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I break the horse treats up.

Cool idea though - never though of getting one of those balls for the goats.

11. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I was looking at those balls last time I was in TSC and thinking about how the goats would love them lol. I'll have to buy one for them sometime.

12. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i have one in with my bucks & one with the does. i have always had them in with the bucks & they take there frustration out on the ball. mine don't have a place for treats just the ball.

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have just a regular jolly ball rubber one for the colt. It is always moved but I have never seen anyone playing with it.

I give my goaties horse treats. The peppermint they die for! They also like the Apple and the butterscotch. I haven't tried the Black Licorice ones.

I am DEFINATELY getting a Jolly lick!

14. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    Well I got one tonight and am going to try it when I get home to my dads.
    Will let you all know how is goes.

15. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    I have mini donkeys, so I have the apple flavored horse treats AND the licorice flavored goat treats. The donkeys eat the goats treat and vice versa. I just give the goats smaller pieces so no one gets choked on anything and they seem fine. They love the apple flavored treats. And there's nothing in them that would hurt them that I know of. Here's what's in the kind I give them:

Active Ingredients: Wheat Middlings, Soybean Hulls (15%), Linseed Meal, Hominy Feed, Cane Molasses, Feeding Oatmeal, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soybean Meal, Sunflower Meal, Dried Whey, Corn, Fenugreek Seed Minerals and Vitamins

It's the Manna Pro Apple Bite-Size Nuggets, Horse Treats. :)

Angie

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Mine really like the oatmeal/raisin horse treats...need to try one of those Jolly ball Licks though...or 2 so they share :ROFL: