The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this girl is about 7 1/2 months old and I'm pretty happy with her so far. She is a definite improvement on her mother at least. I would just like to hear everybody else's opinions on her. I know the pictures aren't the best, but I just want to know what you guys think. I will try to get more angles, etc in the next couple days and ad those. But in the mean time give it to me strait. I want make sure I select a good buck for her. By the way she is a Sable and she weighs about 80lbs according to a weight tape. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't have much experience in the standard dairy goats, but, I would say she is VERY strong in the chine and topline. I believe if she was set up her rump would look much more level, and her withers look to be prominent, but not to much they would prob be slightly above her rump which is good. Her neck is very elegant and long. She is overall very lo-o-ng. I love leggy girls! :) Her front legs also looked to be very correct. The only thing that looked questionable to me is her hind legs. They looked abit posty or something. But, there again, she isn't set up so I could be totally off on that call. :) She is a very pretty girl!! I love the color... Happens to be my favorite! Oh and by the way you reccommended Sables on my other topic about standard goats, I like sables very much, but they just are sadly not popular in my area. I hope your girl gives you pretty does when you get kids out of her, and if you find the right buck I have no doubt she would produce nice kids! :hug: Sorry for the novel. :slapfloor:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts