The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I might add that they are not for show. They are homestead milking goats.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are not shaved, so you may not be able to see much. I might be able to get better pictures tonight when I have help. These are the best I have at the moment. The first is Stella. The second is Tilly. The third is Willow
20200818_102151.jpeg
20200818_102306.jpeg
20200818_102333.jpeg

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I saw them and they looked fine to me. Although I knew nothing then about what to look for in a goat.
There was no milking records for the Nigerian. But I decided to go with it since she was cute and a birthday present. I saw her mom, but the kids had already mostly been weaned off, so there wasn't much to see. The Sannen/Nigerian's mom had not been milked by her owner, but had a good sized udder and had no problem supporting twins and triplets. The Nubians mom had been milked and had produced 5 gallons a week. The breeder showed me a picture of the sire, but being a complete newbie I was like 'he looks nice' and didn't think anything of it. So basically I don't have any background on the animals because I had no idea what I was doing.

·
Fair-Haven
4,710 Posts
Look at the post in dairy diaries - topic “baby udders”. There is great information there. Also go to adga.org and look at the chart that shows confirmation . That should help you a lot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts