Judge this girl for me....Might have to sell her now :(

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Sep 10, 2010.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

This is Georgia..... Wanted to know how her confirmation is. Shes one of my new goats!

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also which pic would be best for my website?

Thanks!

2. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Re: Judge this girl for me....PLEASE :)

Laura, this is a beautiful little girl. I love her. I really don't know much about ND's but she is a beautiful color. Nice conformation, too. The first to pics are out for a website I think because her face and nose are cut off. The last two are better. I really like the last pic, but for the website I would photo-shop a lot of the background clutter out of the pic.

3. TinyHoovesRanch

Aw wow thanks Peggy!
    She looks like a promising Junior, her full sister whos a year older did really well showing so im hoping this one is a good girl to. My mom says I can only keep really nice goats so gotta make sure people like her too!

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

She has a strong dairy character so long and level! Is it the pic or does she seem to toe out on the front left?

5. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia

Well I am no judge, but I love her too. She is sweet and looks wonderful to me :) How old is she?

6. TinyHoovesRanch

Liz: Thanks! She may toe out, im not really sure, I will have to check the next time I go see her

Lawanda: THANKS! She is like the sweetest doe ever! In those pics shes about 3 months old I think. Right now shes 6 months old! Shes a bit bigger but still looks the same, just fuzzier!

7. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

I like :) She looks very dairy--a very good thing! She has a nice elongated neck & pretty good looking topline. Length of body looks good too. Love her markings..very nice! Front leg cannon bones are a bit on the short side but could be from the angles of the pictures. Generally, you want those cannon bones to be about the same length as the bone above it..that wouldn't stop me from adding her to my herd though ;)

8. TinyHoovesRanch

WOW karen! Thanks so much! Very thorough lol. I needed help and that was good! Im good with confirmation but I always forget to add something! I will be taking updated pics soon since she has gotten bigger and these pics arent that great! So glad I snatched her up

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

can i say i liked windy ( formerly stardust) better?? or is that biased

like the DC on her.. not a fan of the shortness of rump nor the angle and watch feet

10. TinyHoovesRanch

Windy was better but amanda said she liked Georgias moms udder more than Windys so thats why I took georgia...

Im having some problems with her though, so she is the only goat that can escape my pen! She jumps over and its over 5 feet tall. We put her in the barn which is taller than me and she can almost jump over...Im not sure what to do....I cant keep her if she can escape all my pens....

11. pelicanacresMN

I've had a few jumpers in the past. The dalmation spotted one in my profile for example! Just means they've got a good set of hind legs on them ;) Once she got pregnant though she stopped & she's never jumped the fence since.
    We originally thought we cured the problem by putting an electric line above our other fenceline last year---stupid idea since all legs are off the ground when they hit the electric so it didn't even shock..however, she could see the line & decided that made the fence too tall to jump anymore.
    A 2nd doe I had drove me crazy with her jumping also. I tied her to a post in the middle of the goat pen just out of reach from the fence for a few days. She was NOT happy that she couldn't follow the rest of the herd around or jump over the fence. Then when I untied her & let her join the rest, she must have understood & she's never jumped out of that pen since! That method did not work with the one in my profile pic though. Out of curiosity..was your doe a bottlefed baby?

12. TinyHoovesRanch

OMG she was a total bottle baby, super friendly and always came running at me when she saw me haha.

Im planning to bred her in november, hoping that helps......

13. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Hey Laura - Hope you don't have to sell her. She's a nice doe. Loads of dairy character with los of length and femininity which is one of the reasons I liked her over Wendy. Also larger teats then Wendy, despite being a smaller doe. I agree the pictures are less then flattering because she just wouldn't hold still! But she is one of the ones I would stare and admire at whenever I was out in the herd because I love so much about her. To Jasper you could improve the length on the rump. The feet are fine IMO, it's the pictures. Infact I like her feet quite a bit. Very upright, tight, and dainty. Excellent for showing.

I think she is jumping because she is lonely. It's a new place, she is missing a ton of members of her heard, and she just doesn't know what to do. Tieing her in the pen for a few days might actually work - just make sure she isn't in a pen where she will get rammed a lot by bullies who would trap her there.

14. TinyHoovesRanch

Amanda, shes actually doing alot better. Shes in the smaller pen with Adelle, Callie, Lotus, and Pearl. She seems to be happy. When I was out there Sunday she was really happy to see me and was following me everywhere and then she was messing with the fence lol like she was trying to get attention. I want to breed her but I want to make sure shes at a good size. Jasper is too small for everyone else but he really likes Georgia and callie cause they are his size lol

15. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

I don't know the first thing about judging, but she's a pretty girl!
    I've never been to a goat show, so...at the risk of sounding silly (don't laugh!)...do you have to shave your goats to show them? Or even to just judge them yourself??

16. TinyHoovesRanch

Ya you have to have them clipped for most shows, There are some "Fuzzy goat shows" though

17. pelicanacresMN

Clipping allows you to see the body type a lot better. It's amazing how much better the goats look after getting clipped. You can see all of their natural lines a lot better. Plus it helps to keep some parasites away & the goats usually enjoy shorter hair during the warm months.

18. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

OK, I see. Thanks! I still think they're prettier with hair though. :p