Judge this udder for me? :)

Discussion in 'Dairy Diaries' started by GotmygoatMTJ, Jan 17, 2011.

1. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

This is a doe we used to own and recently sold. We are thinking about buying her back. This is her second freshening udder, 12 hour fill. She is a Nigerian Dwarf, unregistered.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thank you! :hug:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    looks well attached, maybe if the teats were pointed more forward, any side pics?

3. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Unfortunately no :( It was a spur of the moment picture. Then we had to hurry and milk her. lol (We weren't too interested in the milking aspect back then(this was about 8 months ago).

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Actually, she looks pretty good, nice wide rear attachment, could be a bit higher but her teats are nice sized and medial isn't too bad.
    If her production and form is what you want, breeding her to a buck that can improve her would be beneficial because even as un registered kids from her would do very well as a family milker.

5. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Awesome! Thank you guys! Might just have to call the guy that owns her now to see about getting her back. :)

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    for a family milker/kid producer she looks nice

I like her rear attachment - could use better medial and teat placement BUT those teats look easy to milk which is a huge plus

7. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Yes, they were easy to milk. :D

Well, called the new owner and they said they liked her too much to part with her now! LOL Ohh welllll. I'm sure I'll find a doe just as nice as her or better :)

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Good capacity, good sized teats, nice and wide and attached decently high. I'd like to see her teats a more centered, but not bad at all. ;)

To bad they won't part with her...she seems like she'd make a great addition for ya. Let us know if they change their mind and you bring her home! :D

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    only things that look like they need some help are the teats.. i'd like them to point in a bit more. maybe a tad stronger in the MSL. other than that she looks pretty good

10. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Thank you both for your opinions! I hope one day she will part with her :)

SDK- What is the MSL? :)

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Medial Suspensory Ligament

12. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

Ohh. Thank you Stacey! I have a LOT to learn! :D

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I think it is very nice. Good luck! I wish I could find people to take a few goats for me so that I could get them back later. I have been thinking about leasing some goats, since I don't have that much space.