The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My yearling American Alpine doe, Heidi, took junior champion yesterday at the county fair! I am thrilled that my girl is turning out so well, and she was up against some pretty tough competition. :) Our home-bred Nubian kid also took second, but we didn't get any pics of her in the ring. Her mom was unfortunately the only 2 year old milker, so she automatically got first. In the dam & daughter class, Oreo and Rachel took first. I was also able to participate in my third Round Robin, and it was a blast! A very successful county fair for Oak Hollow Ranch. :cool: I just wanted to share! :)

I attached some pics of the show and the exhausted goats sleeping right afterwards.

Attachments

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Did you get hot in your FFA jacket? I noticed in the first picture you had it on but in the second picture it was off.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
WooHoo! Way to go!!! Always feels great when your goats do so well :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! We couldn't be happier. :)

@ caprine crazy, I am in the first pic in my FFA jacket and my sister is the 4-H er. :) It was actually nice and cool there. Much better than 105 at the last fair we went too! That was not too much fun.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
The second to last fair I went to was suuuuper hot too! It takes away from all the fun :(

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The second to last fair I went to was suuuuper hot too! It takes away from all the fun :(
I liked the people and the environment more at the last fair, but the heat took away from it for sure. We still had a great time though. :)

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
Ohhkay. I can only imagine what that would be like wearing it in 105 degree weather. Shoo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts