Just a funny thought

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Hush Hills Fainters, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    I am still new to TGS...but I have learned soo much. Thanks everyone! I have to chuckle a little though...when I find myself telling people about what is going on and telling them names of all your goats....and whats going on at your farms...haha. Half the time I can't remember my own name, but I know who's in labor and how it's progressing.... :laugh:

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    LOL I'm the same way. My husband always makes fun of me because I say things that start with "my friend had this happen ..." and then go into this story about what happened on the goat spot. He always says "how can they be your friend if you've never met them??" He just doesn't understand. LOL
    :laugh:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: sounds like me.... :thumb:

4. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    LOL!!! All my friends are always asking me 'how are the goats' because they know I will bring it up at some point in the conversation!
    And hubby gets an earfull every day about the goats on TGS. I try to not go overboard, but how can you not? :)

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Hehehe...it's ok, I'm the same way. Honestly, i've never been on a forum where I am so close with everyone, know their goats, know so much about them, etc. without even knowing them. I feel like we're all one big happy family on here!

6. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE
    Well all of you are known in my small world as "my goat group" - LOL

My mom doesn't quite understand internet forums or yahoo groups and for some reason when I would say "The Goat Spot" family and friends weren't quite understanding what I was referring to so over time it just kind of evolved to my goat group. Of course they laugh at me when I complain about having to travel for work and not getting my time to see what's going on or how everyone is doing.

7. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I absolutely love how we can relate to each other :hug:

I work 5am to 2pm 4 days a week and 7am to 2pm on Sundays, as soon as I get out of bed and after Jack goes out, I'm logged on around 4:30 to see if anything new happened while I was asleep...then I'm letting Jack in and Katie goes out while I feed. Then I'm out the door....as soon as I'm home, dogs are out, I reheat a cup of coffee, log in ....check out new posts while water buckets are filling then out to feed and if theres nothing that needs tended to right away, I'm here til supper time.

Hubby tolerates my "goat babble" 99% of the time BUT there is that 1% that tells me by the look in his eyes that I'm better off here!