just a sugestion!

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by Gumtree, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    I was just wondering about this (if it has already been mentioned feel free to delete it) :shrug:
    Could there be or is there a spot that it has where everyone is and what they breed
    just a thought :) without having to look everyone up one by one

example

Jill
    Lives in/at Roma Qld Australia
    Breeds Angoras & British Alpines

2. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    That would be helpful! :)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    theres already a breeders listing by state, look on the board index. :greengrin:

4. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    yeah I had a look at it, it seems it is really is only those who are actually breeders
    while I was meaning just what the ppl own, sort of thing , I find it hard being new to work out whos who, what they own, an where they are. you see all these lovely goat photos an don't know what breed they are :oops:
    maybe it is just me :shocked:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    anyone can be added to the listing -- I don't discriminate against :p they just have to give me their info.

the more you are a part of TGS the more you get to know people and what breeds the have. Another way to figure it out is to see who posts in what sections. Those with boers will answer the Meat Market questions. Those with Minis will respond to the Mini Mania posts. not 100% across the board but it gives you more of a general idea.

I am not against adding something new thats more efffecive, it just requires people to participate and follow through with giving information.

I would need more ideas and input on what exactly people would be looking for

6. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    So even if you have brush goats that you hope to possibly milk later on, and your dh possibly might want to have meat later on...but you don't really know exactly what breed they are, you can be listed in that list?

Cuz, I am no breeder. I just basically started havin goats cuz I went to a 4h cookout in May and fell in love with a couple of babies... one was a full blooded Boer, but she died. The others (Bella and her twin Alice, along with Hope) is what the girl told me "Boer/milker mix"... And my two new ones are "brush goats" even though everyone thinks they look pretty Alpine-y. LOL

So see, I don't know enough about my goats to even list them properly without feeling a bit dishonest about knowing their breeds! haha