Just a Thank you!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, May 5, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I just wanted to send a heartfelt thank you to our board creator, Stacey, and ALL of our administrators - along with EVERYONE who is a member here. Maybe I am a little emotional at the moment, but I just really feel like I need to do this.

Today, I was on another forum (a local horse forum) and was appalled at the way that some members are being treated, and the administrator and moderators are allowing this to happen. I have only been on this forum for a very short time, but I could not believe it.

The very first time that I even posted asking questions, I was treated very rude to the point that I did not want to come back to the forum, but I let it slide. Today I was reading a post and I started reading from the beginning. I could not believe what I was reading. I posted on there that as a new person I was a little taken back by what I had been reading and that I really hoped that everyone could get along and respect everyones opinions without being judgmental and rude - and in not so many ways was told that I don't deserve to have my animals and that I should shut up - but there were profanities in it.

I just really do appriciate my "family" that I have here and the ability to respects others even if we have a different opinion!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING YOU!

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Allison, I am so sorry about that, and as a horse owner myself, I can not believe people would treat you or anyone like that. Most horse owners are like everyone here, WONDERFUL.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm glad you like it here, and I'm glad we keep things so 'cool' here.

Unfortunately, horse owners around here are pretty nasty and condescending. Dog people are too :roll:

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I thoroughly agree with what you are saying. In many other forums, I have read unprovoked insulting remarks- things that I have never heard in real life and hope never to meet such people. I posted to one other forum before this one and the response I got was so off base- not only rude but not even to the point of my question. It was bad enough to be accused of ignorant cruelty to my goats but it was so badly written that I had to read it several times to try to figure out if there was any useful information at all to be had. Of course I was not that experienced- that is why I was asking. No amount of knowledge or experience creates the right to be so flaming rude to anyone else.
    So I will look at other sites but will not post, although I can feel sorry for some of the people who try. I have no desire to expose myself to such people.
    It seems it only takes a couple of people to sour the whole site. I think there is something about the annonimity of these forums that allows the worse to escape from some.
    And, for some reason, I think the horse forums are worse than most. Which is something I have seen in boarding stables too- lots of emotional venting going on. And a bunch of slim experience expressed the loudest.
    I guess to really participate in these things you have to be tougher than I am.
    Anyway, I also appreciate Stacey's ethics that allow this to be a friendly place to ask and say what you need to say.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ya know, there are so many of those same condescending and very rude people that are not only ignorant to the emotions that most animal owners have, they are the same bitter people that have no friends and also should not have animals...or even kids! Allison, I am so sorry you were treated that way and ya know something, before I was given the honor of being asked to be part of the mod team, I too enjoy the comraderie we all have here....my goodness it is with RESPECT for each other and people in general that we have such a great forum. And Thank goodness there are those that have horses as well as goats...I'm a dummy when it comes to them...except to know when to bail off!

Thank You ;Allison ,for bringing this to everyones attention, it should make every member of The Goat Spot even more Thankful that we have each other :grouphug:

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I know I am a little late on this thread but I want to thank you for such kind words! I know Stacey would feel the same way. Thanks Allison!!!!! :grouphug:

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow I must have been in the middle of kidding so sorry I missed this thread.

This site is not about me but about all of you, I and the others could moderate away to keep it "the way I want it" but it is really you all who respect one another and make my job so easy I am just one of you :grouphug:

Thanks Allison, God bless

8. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I have to agree, I was on one of those "horse" forums, they are pretty hateful sometimes. I didn't post much, didn't have anything to post about at the time. I had to laugh about some of the "pooh" that went on at the boarding stables. Back in my former life when I boarded my Arab mare I must have had a really good stable, I can't imagine boarding with all the "stuff" they said was going on, theft, back biting, etc. Seems like people have alot more time to get in other peoples "business" then we did.

I just love this forum. Everyone is so helpful! And friendly, it's, I don't want to say "rare" for people to be this friendly, but, sometimes I wonder why all the antagonism is about. I don't have time for it myself.

Anyway, Thank you to Stacey and the other moderators, and the members of this site. You all make me WANT to come here everyday.