Just an update - pics added

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Nov 24, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    As some of you might remember a while back - I was talking about wanting / needing a new buck. I had placed some pics of a buck that I was looking at on the site, named Old Castle Blue. Well this is one that I had shown my husband that I was interested in. But, most on here did not care for him.

Well, hubby went and purchased this buck for me last month as an anniversary present for me and then told me about it. I hadn't said anything as like I said above, most of you did not care for him.

Well, we went and picked him up today - and honestly, I am SOOOO glad that I got him. He is actually really nice looking. Those pictures did him NO justice what so ever. He is 18 3/4 tall at just shy of 2 years old. He is very dainty (which I really like). He seems pretty level when I was watching him without him "noticing" me. He is actually a very shy and timid goat. Not mean at all - just scared to death.

He is going to make a wonderful addition here, and his daughter's are being bred now - so I should be able to see udders in a couple months!

Anyway - I had to share my happiness!

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Re: Just an update

Can't wait for the updated photos! Congrats! I'm going to show this to hubby...

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Congrats Allison...and glad you like him!! We want pics!!! :D

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thats why I always say that we cant totaly judge by a pick --- especially when it is on uneven ground and he is all fuffy.

Congrats!!! Seems hubby has got it right, he knows how to get to your heart :love:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Blue - is doing wonderful. He is walking the fence seducing the girls and they :love: :love: him. But I want to get blood tests to see where we are with breedings, especially since some are FF.

I will be able to take some pics on probobly Thursday, as right now when we leave and get home - it is dark out so they don't look very good. I am just worried that he is not eating much cause he is to excited about the girls on the otherside of the fence - LOL!

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Congrats! Glad you like him! :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

congrats... :thumbup: ...sounds like you have a real nice buck on your hands....love to see pics of him......... :)

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Congrats!!! And as long as YOU are happy and YOU like him, that is all that matters!!! And what a sweet gesture on Hubby's part.... I wander if I could talk Lee into goats for Valentine's Day :scratch: :greengrin:

I can't wait to see pics!!!!! :leap:

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Just show him my post and tell him what a wonderful hubby I have ----- :shrug: might work

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Maybe.... If only I could hipnotize(sp?) him.... hhhhhmmmm.... I might have to look into that :slapfloor:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

hmmmm - that might work.

Let me know how that goes

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

:) :ROFL:

13. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

Well.... it started to work... and then he snapped out of it to ask me how much the necklace cost that I was waving in front of him :doh: :shrug: men...

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

LOL brandy - that is to funny! :ROFL: :ROFL:

15. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

haha... I thought you would get a kick out of that one :greengrin:

16. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

These are god aweful pics, but I am leaving for town and so wanted to get a few. It is early when I took them, overcasted, and we had our first bit of snow last night - :hair: :hair:

Anyway - here is Old Castle Blue

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were taken while eating and he was parallell to a down hill slide. The things around him are Blackbelly sheep. The white one that he is a little taller then - was born June 21st 2008 - so not even 6 months old.... kinda shows how tiny he is - 18 3/4 inches tall

Anyway - off to town!

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    kelebek...they are nice goats..... :)

18. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
  19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison! He looks alot like Chief!! Except Blue has those gorgeous blue eyes!!

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    he has the same face as my Jitterbug!! how adorable!