Just another chat thread...

Discussion in 'Game Room' started by AintGotNoCreekRanch, Apr 4, 2015.

1. AintGotNoCreekRanch

AintGotNoCreekRanch New Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Hey everyone!
    Chat threads have become a little crowded lately let's start fresh. :)

Kayla Renee

2. cameronb

cameronb Member

May 4, 2015
    how do you start a thread

3. Goatzrule

Goatzrule Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    what no one wants to talk? :ZZZ:

4. russellp

russellp RussellP

Apr 10, 2013
    Riceville, Tennessee
    I'm on board. I can't stop thinking about that buckling in Oregon. I just wish someone would take him in.

5. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

I'd love to take him, he needs to come just a bit closer though. I'm working on it.

6. Goatzrule

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    hi.. Im so bored :wallbang: anyone else doing nothing this summer?

7. Goatzrule

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    :dance: well im not alone just me and my goats all summer, maybe now I can catch up on cleaning

8. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    I tell you what, I'll give you half my schedule to keep you busy. ;-)

We homeschool year round, so I have 2 teens you can plan for and teach. We have 4-H meetings every week. Your job is to make sure everyone has all their paperwork done. You can help me pack for my trip to see my oldest daughter at the end of the this week and then you can take care of the house and our goats while we're gone. While you're at it, you can help me build the new pallet shed and expand the goat pen and you can design a really awesome eye-popping ad that will sell our wether and one of our less productive does.

You can help me write recipes (for money!) for a blog I recently found and you can help us clip all our goats for the shows in August and September.

You can help me cook up all the milk we don't drink and help me figure out how to make yogurt and soap. You can look after my elderly mother and in-laws and dog sit for my neighbor. You can cook meals for my sick friends and watch Batman (1960's version) with our family.

Let's see...You can help us with a film project (a Western in our backyard!) and crack the whip to keep me writing on my blog.

You can mow the lawn.

You can also pick the cilantro because I despise it and have no idea why I planted it.

You can help me (in a couple of months) make crabapple jam and then clean up all the dead fall crabapples in the yard. You can help me make salsa (Make sure you wear gloves while handling those hot peppers!)

And, hey, if you're bored you can make some sort of fence for my garden so the goats will stop stealing bites of garlic and pepper plants!

Oh, and you can also join us for homemade goatmilk ice cream and cheese and homemade bread.

And.... :ponder: I'm sure I can come up with more as soon as I get the apple pies outta the oven and clean up that mess on the floor and look up some more information on stamping out poison ivy. :crazy:

Here, Have a cup of coffee to help you cope. :coffee2: ) I'm going to have SEVERAL!:coffee:

9. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Hey...You're in NH and I'm in Maine. So you really COULD come up here. ;-)

10. Goatzrule

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    That doesn't sound that bad. Hmmm honestly I would do that all summer

11. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I remember when I had two goats.. LOL! Now I have 10... And that after cutting back a good bit this year! Heheh!!

Welcome to the forum from NH :)

12. AintGotNoCreekRanch

Jan 1, 2014
    That's not fair!! I only have four and I don't even like them all.

Kayla Renee

13. Goatzrule

Feb 7, 2013
    New England
    I finally have more goats than you Skyla!! I have 14

14. COgoatLover25

COgoatLover25 Active Member

Dec 23, 2013
  15. J.O.Y. Farm

J.O.Y. Farm ~Crazy Goat Lady~

Jan 10, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Hahah! ;)
    The beginning of the year I had 15 keepers, I just needed to cut back... I couldn't handle 8 milkers this past spring with my crazy work schedule!
    And I just lost Ellie so that cut me back another one... I'm selling two of my bucks, and then buying one, and I then that's it for the year! I'll keep some kids come spring and be back up to where I was lol!

16. NyGoatMom

NyGoatMom Shady Acre Homestead Supporting Member

I have 13 right now :shock: I only want 5.............but some are for meat and will be gone by fall.

17. goathiker

goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm cutting back to 6.

18. AintGotNoCreekRanch

Jan 1, 2014
    Give me what y'all don't want Lol

Kayla Renee