just bummed...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by rebelshope, Apr 10, 2009.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I know that I have a lot to be thankful for. I have three beautiful does, and wonderful buck. I have some pretty good lines in them and a wonderful pet doe. I have had all my does survive kidding, if not all the kids, but I have had all bucks. I nees/ want does! Too picky huh? I have doe envy. I have been looking at other people's does for sale and they are all $400 or over I just can't manage that yet.

Okay done complaining, I know that everyone has difficulties and I really have nothing to complain about. Feel freel to share yours. :wink:

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh gosh, I know how you feel. I have had mostly bucks myself. I've had the worst kidding year so far, lots of things have gone wrong for us this kidding season and to top it off I didn't have many does. I guess looking at the bright side, I do have some phenominal buck prospects! But gosh yeah, don't worry, you're not alone! :hug:

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I know...me too. :sigh:

4. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Every single boer doe I own last year had bucks.

I know how it feels ... I want DOES this year!

5. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    how many kids have you had so far, rebelshope?

LW

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I know it is hard. I think it took me like 3 years before we ever got a do. Hang in there, when you get one she will be worth the weight :hugs:

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    for like 3 years I had all singles.....last year I was like i want multiples! I asked everyone to please pray for multipules and some does too (lacked those)...............I ended up with quads, twins, triplets and 3 singles. :shocked: watch what you aske for. LOL

Really I feel for you and your buck year..........my goats havent kidded yet and I am SSOO wanting a doe from each of them.

Did you use the same buck on all your does? if so you may want to check into a different buck.

8. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Oh I am just whining, but thanks for everyone! Sometimes it is nice to just know that I am not alone. :grouphug:

I only have three does which is why I was really looking forward to some doe kids. The original plan was to have all three does bred to a different buck but didn't Lil take so she was rebred to my buck. ..hopfully. I am not even sure she is bred now, she doesn't look like it. Dixie with her three bucks was a bust and well Chey was just a disaster with a still born buck.

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the stillborn makes it all worse thne 3 live bucks so yah I understand being bummed.

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Awww! I understand, sort of. Every time I inqure about a doe, she has already been sold. Bucklings too. I'm hoping I get this one buckling. I won't post him until I get him because I don't want to jinx it again! I will be very depressed if I don't get him though, I have been trying to sell everything I can to buy him.

11. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Ok my turn *cracks kuckles and begins to type*

My Show Doe Mystry had a still born baby little doe. We lost so many animals this year I do tno want to think about it. Dude twin died which Sunshine was going to be my little girl. Natasha struggled to live and I spent night mjust watchign her when she was so week to make sure she was just breathing. We lost a beautiful clysedale of ours to old age this year. My hubby lost his job. I got very very sick. Our barn flooded. on and on and on

There that is all the whinning I am going to do