Just checking in...

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Dreamchaser, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I have been out for a while due to personal stuff... (read past posts) Hopefully will be able to keep the house. Paperwork sent in, more hoops jumped through, made first trial payment. Keeping fingers crossed...

Went and tore down a relative's fencing, and brought some home. Still need to bring back more. It's piperail, so that I can weld to the rest of our existing piperail. Going to bring back some pig wire to help cross-fence the pasture to get it "buck-ready."

I think I am just going to get a good Alpine buck. I think my "nubian" is actually a nubian/boer cross. The older she gets, the more boer she looks instead of nubian. Maybe later on down the line I'll get a nubian stud buck, but for now I don't want to hassle with a lot of different breeds. I really like alpines, and would rather dedicate to breeding them. I don't have a lot of room, and don't want to end up like a lot of breeders I have visited if I can help it.

Trying to make some good decisions. Some hard to make, some a little easier since I have been going through these ordeals.

Hugs to all!

~Dayna

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Dayna :hug: so glad ...to hear.. your hanging in there......sounds like... you've been keeping pretty busy..... :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    so glad to hear from you!!!!

Will keep you in my prayers hopefully everything works out

Keep us updated.

As to the buck - yup best to get the buck in the breed you plan to focus on in the future as he can breed to other does and you can register them as grade

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    :wave: Glad to hear from you! Hope things continue in the right direction for you.

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm definitely still praying for you! Keep in touch. :hug:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hey! Wondered where you went! :greengrin:

Glad to know that you're doing OK...I'll be praying for you. ;) :pray:

7. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Checking in again. *blows razzberries*

Well, my best friend went in for surgery. I have been working my tail off! Still having trouble with finances though. Hoping that me working extra hours will help out. Got offered another job. It only pays $10 an hour (I usually make $15, but it's only part-time), but that is still pretty good. So I'm thinking about taking that job as well.

Got the horse and hog panels home. Put up one hog panel. Looking to add on stalls and runs to the awning, then adding the horse panels to divide the pasture into quarters. I can put up hog panels to cover them, then take them down when I move for a more horse-friendly environment for future buyers. Got into a fight with my husband about bringing home the fencing. Ugh he makes me so mad!

I have been babysitting a bit on weekends. So I really haven't had any free time. The extra money is nice though. This week is supposed to be my "off week" from work. But I got some new clients, and it overflowed into this week. Also, I got suckered into a dog-sitting job all week until Saturday night. Then hell week starts all over again on Sunday. This will continue for a month or two until my friend can work with me.

I visited another alpine goat breeder, still haven't found what I'm looking for. Not that I am ready to buy, but I am just trying to find a breeder around here. Not having much luck so far. Either the quality is good, and the goats are too small for my liking, or the goats are the right size, but have udders that I don't like. Oh well. I will find what I'm looking for eventually. LOL.

I found out my sister-in-laws boyfriend just got some goats. One is a beautiful mytonic buck. I'm going to see if I can get out there to get my "buck rag" from him. I'm so exited about that. Isn't that strange????

*hugs*
    ~Dayna

8. Sounds like your friend is lucky ot have you.

Also sounds like you are busy but keeping things balanced and seeing the good in it all. Good for you. Don't over do it and glad things are doing ok for you. May God help keep you going and take care of you when no one else can.

As for Hubby, us men tend to get stressed or what have you about things and some were never taught how to properly express things so it can come out wrong. May God give you all the peace needed to get though this.