Just Clipped Claribelle!

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by capriola-nd, Jul 25, 2008.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Here's my favorite girl, Claribelle. . . . she is my best-behaved doe so I decided to try "stacking" her and she did quite well. Actually my brother held her while I took pics.

What do you think of her? She is not quite as long as Lyla, but for some reason I like the way she looks more. I would give her a little longer neck, but I don't think she has a short neck, just could be a tad longer.

Which one of these would u put on the site? Haven't added them yet so would like to know what you guys think is the best.

Oh, she is 7 months old, clipped 1/16 over body, (not good at clipping, but I think I'm getting a little better, just a little). :)

Claribelle is a Tiger L granddaughter, her sire was from Rosasharn's. Her dam (a Camanna doe) has an awesome udder, easily gives 1/2 gallon a day w/ big teats & orifices. I am hoping Claribelle inherits her dam's udder!!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    She is really cute! I definately agree that her neck could be just a tad longer. She looks great from the rear! She should have a great udder when she freshens, being out of a Camanna doe I'm sure she will! I'm still trying to work on my clipping job also. The last doe I clipped looked a bit choppy :slapfloor: Ok really choppy! Hahaha... :greengrin:

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

nice little doe. she has a pretty head like her sire. tiger is a really pretty buck. Has had some really nice kids. i like mercedes too, she was fifth or sixth at the oregon state fair last year in a decently sized class. She is quite loose in the shoulders (mercedes) but it looks like tiger has corrected at least some of that in your little doe.
    beth

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Nice doeling! Nice triangles too, very nice kid. Tiger L should really put a pretty udder on her to boot!

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, that's what Anna said Mercedes had a problem with, that and lack of refinement. Although, when I saw her "in person" I didn't think she looked that bad (it was just for a brief moment though). Claribelle probably could be a little tighter in the shoulders. We also have her full sister and her shoulders are just awesome, so her sire really improved that in her. . . . I still like Claribelle better though, she's my girl. :D Can't wait to see an udder on her!!

6. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yea, mercedes by no means is a bad doe. I showed her for Anna at the oregon state fair last year, and like i said she did well. She was about one third of the way down the line. her biggest fault is her shoulders, and yes she could be a little more refined but the judge still had nice things to say about her.
    beth

7. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    I don't clip my goats but I do clip my one cattle dog (heeler). She has really thick fur and gets way to hot in the summer with all that fur. Her cut is chopy. I figure that I can pay the groomer $45 to make her look goofy or I can make her look goofy for free.
    I think she looks like a large chiwawa! :slapfloor:
    I will try to post pics under one of the other subjects.

Suellen