The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my favorite girl, Claribelle. . . . she is my best-behaved doe so I decided to try "stacking" her and she did quite well. Actually my brother held her while I took pics.

What do you think of her? She is not quite as long as Lyla, but for some reason I like the way she looks more. I would give her a little longer neck, but I don't think she has a short neck, just could be a tad longer.

Which one of these would u put on the site? Haven't added them yet so would like to know what you guys think is the best.

Oh, she is 7 months old, clipped 1/16 over body, (not good at clipping, but I think I'm getting a little better, just a little). :)

Claribelle is a Tiger L granddaughter, her sire was from Rosasharn's. Her dam (a Camanna doe) has an awesome udder, easily gives 1/2 gallon a day w/ big teats & orifices. I am hoping Claribelle inherits her dam's udder!!

·
Premium Member
15,209 Posts
She is really cute! I definately agree that her neck could be just a tad longer. She looks great from the rear! She should have a great udder when she freshens, being out of a Camanna doe I'm sure she will! I'm still trying to work on my clipping job also. The last doe I clipped looked a bit choppy :slapfloor: Ok really choppy! Hahaha... :greengrin:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
nice little doe. she has a pretty head like her sire. tiger is a really pretty buck. Has had some really nice kids. i like mercedes too, she was fifth or sixth at the oregon state fair last year in a decently sized class. She is quite loose in the shoulders (mercedes) but it looks like tiger has corrected at least some of that in your little doe.
beth

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Nice doeling! Nice triangles too, very nice kid. Tiger L should really put a pretty udder on her to boot!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what Anna said Mercedes had a problem with, that and lack of refinement. Although, when I saw her "in person" I didn't think she looked that bad (it was just for a brief moment though). Claribelle probably could be a little tighter in the shoulders. We also have her full sister and her shoulders are just awesome, so her sire really improved that in her. . . . I still like Claribelle better though, she's my girl. :D Can't wait to see an udder on her!!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Yea, mercedes by no means is a bad doe. I showed her for Anna at the oregon state fair last year, and like i said she did well. She was about one third of the way down the line. her biggest fault is her shoulders, and yes she could be a little more refined but the judge still had nice things to say about her.
beth

·
Registered
455 Posts
I don't clip my goats but I do clip my one cattle dog (heeler). She has really thick fur and gets way to hot in the summer with all that fur. Her cut is chopy. I figure that I can pay the groomer $45 to make her look goofy or I can make her look goofy for free.
I think she looks like a large chiwawa! :slapfloor:
I will try to post pics under one of the other subjects.

Suellen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts