Just enjoying the goaties tonight

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Lawanda, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Bella, Hope, Alice reaching for a snack :)
    [​IMG]

It's all gone Hope! haha
    [​IMG]

Seriously Alice: It's all gone!
    [​IMG]

Hey, what's she got? I thought you said it was all gone?! Move over Alice!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The big girl and the runt. Alice in Blue and the runt Bella in pink. I think they are so adorable!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bella-boo
    [​IMG]

Patches and Belle :) Belle is still favoring her front left foot, so Kevin held her head while I checked it out. I didn't feel any lumps or anything, it doesn't feel hot. She did flinch a bit when I touched her shoulder though. Her feet looked good, except they need trimmed!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I cannot wait for Hope to have her babies. I just hope Hope is pregnant!! I know, it is still too early to tell...But I can't help being excited :greengrin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    so cute............very nice goats and people... :wink: .... :love: :greengrin:

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Great pictures. Its intersting to see the alpines with horns. You dont see that very often. And they are Lavenders! My favorite alpine color.
    beth

4. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    What? Really? They don't usually have horns? These ones have huge horns! haha And Lavender?? I thought they were grey!!! :slapfloor:

Thanks for looking! :cool:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Nice goats and cute pictures.

Have you checked between the toes of that foot? I had a goat that was limping and I could not fined anything. well I finally really did some looking and I found a tack between her toes. YEP a tack. I have NO IDEA how it got out there but it did somehow.

I had another one that was limping and it hurt him in the shoulder area when I would touch him. I gave him horse asprin and in about two weeks or so he was better. I assume he was butted pretty good.

6. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Well, I sorta did look between her toes, but I will try and get a closer look. Kevin said something about some kind of liniment for her shoulder. I never thought of aspirin! She was butted pretty hard by Patches, before we picked them up...

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Gorgeous girls!! :greengrin: :greengrin:

8. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Yes they all (or most, unless they are polled) are born with horns, but most dairy people burn them off as young kids. Youc ant show a dairy goat with horns.
    As for the color, they "grey" is known as lavender in the alpine world. Chamoisee is brown, gray or anythin in between thats not black or white. Your does are broken two tone chamoisees, the "broken" means that have white patching. Its one of my favorite colors, i have several of them.

Attached Files:

9. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    I wish you lived near me, I bet you'd know where I could breed these girls and all that registering stuff!

10. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Registering them is easy. I can help you if you'd like.
    As for bucks in West Virginia, check these guys out. http://munchinhill.com/ I have a lot of their lines. There are actually A LOT of alpines in WV, and surrounding states.
    beth

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    ..Awww, you can always tell when goaties are well loved!! Yours look that way :love:

12. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia
    Aww, thanks Liz :)

Sparks, I have tried finding some near me, those ones are about three hours away. Most of the Alpines are over there in the Eastern panhandle, from what I can find. I am on the opposite side of the state! I have found a saanen close by to breed them to, but I would really still like to find an Alpine buck, and perhaps someday register the babies....

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Maybe place an add in craigslist ....asking if ....there are any Alpine breeders near you, you may be surprised.... :wink: :greengrin:

very nice goats you have there....sparks879 :thumbup: :love:

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Thats too bad, i know there are a few herds over that way but i dont know where. I would breed them to the Saanen if you cand find an alpine. If nothing alse you can register them as grades. The kids will most likely be white. The white gene seems to be dominate over the colored alpines.
    beth