The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had one of those goats that you just do not like?
My wife has been working to get a Nigerian dwarf doe ready for milk testing. this doe was was a piece of work. she would fight you every step of the way. didn't want to leave the pen. didn't want to go in to the milking barn. fought the stand but loved her grain. but would not let us milk her. she would sit down dance kick buck any thing to prevent us from milking her. we tried every thing but nothing worked. two days ago after it had taken 1 1/2 hours to milk her my wife asked me Now what do we do? i answered I got a 22.
last night my wife had a bad night and didn't sleep so i milked for her. after milking the rest of the herd i went out to get the crazy lady. when i got to her pen there she was dead.
Never have i had so many conflicting emotions at one time. i was shocked she was such a healthy doe. I was sad we lost her. i was relieved i didn't have to milk her, I was glad she was gone but felt bad for feeling that way. reluctant to tell my wife. angry that we had put so much work in to her getting ready for a milk test for nothing. curious as to why she died.
After looking her over for reasons she died we decided she died to Spite us.

I also learned when i pulled up on my ATV with twine in hand to move the body. My wife told me i can't just drag her to the bone pile that to drag her was inhumane. :bonk::eek:ops2::funnytech:

·
8,163 Posts
Wow! Maybe she had something going on inside that made her act cantankerous. (Trying to give her the benefit of the doubt)!

Not all people like everyone, so not all goats can be like able. I'm sorry your wife lost her goat.

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
Sorry about the goat (more for your wife). It is amazing the emotions that you can run through in those situations.

·
Registered
585 Posts
So sorry you're going through this. Wow 1 1/2 hours for this one doe is a very long time, especially since you are so busy with all your other goats and sheep/lambs.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
I'm sorry. Very sorry.

·
14,760 Posts
Wow that is crazy! I'm so sorry you went through all of that and lost her. That is so frustrating. Makes you wonder if her behavior had anything to do with the issue that ultimately killed her?
She is the opposite of normal right? Because aren't the crazy ones supposed to live forever and the sweet, quiet and easy going ones the ones who are always more vulnerable to dying for crazy reasons?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts