Just got back from the show....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dover Farms, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    And we did pretty good!!! I didn't know they were doing showmanship...they usually do, but they didn't list it in the flyer this year. So, I didn't showmanship ready my doe...and I wasn't in full showmanship clothes....just a white t-shirt, jean shorts, and white shoes. In a class of 3 I still managed 2nd! I did have some errors and I know I did them...I did it and then thought...crap I wasn't supposed to do that. We took Flicka, Lark, Perfection, and Brook. This show was kind of small this year...only Jr. Nubians were sanctioned...and that was barely...there were 10. Flicka was 1st in her milking yearling class...she was the only one in her class. The judge really liked her udder. Perfection was 2nd and Brook was 3rd in a class of 3. Brook was giving Mom issues walking and the ring had mulch....she kept pulling back some and would roll right on the back of her heal...she doesn't look like that when walking on a solid surface. Then Lark was 1st in a class of 4. She was then named GCH and got her dry leg!!!!! :leap: :wahoo: I had to go back out for BJDIS....the judge went over every animal and said positive things about them. Then she said "I am going to go with a doe that just hits me everytime she walks into the ring....the little Nubian doe." You can bet that I was excited!!!! :clap: :leap: :stars: :wahoo:

2. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Congrats!!! :stars:
    Your fair must be small like mine.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Congrats!!! What a great win! I know just how you feel about the BJDIS what an AWESOME feeling that is!! Especially when it is your own breeding! Congrats again!! :wahoo: :stars:

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats!! That is awesome!!! :wahoo:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    That is so exciting!! Congrats!

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is so awesome! Congrats!! :cool: :thumb:

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Thanks guys!! I was just so excited! This wasn't our co. fair....our co. fair is coming up next week! :leap: Now our open show is small, but the 4-H show is pretty big.

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats!!! :stars: Very cool!!!!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations! :stars: Sounds like you had such fun!

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :thumbup: great job!

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congratulations!!!! That is just awesome. :stars: