The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A minimancha would have pretty good production, right? Better than my Pygerians or Pygmies, anyway?

That's the angle I'm using anyway. We need more milk! :cool:

·
1,524 Posts
Yes, in theory they should have more milk than a a miniature breed. It all depends on genetics and nutrition. Best to see what the dam and the sires dam has for production and go from there.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went to go see her today. She is the sweetest little girl imaginable! She followed us around and sucked everyone's fingers. Also, her sire is the goofiest, sweetest, most charming buck I've ever met! Good temperament and milking lines on both sides. She must be mine!

Now to convince the hubby....

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Nigerians can make up to a half gallon or more of milk a day, with the right genetics. That mini mancha is SUPER cute, and by theory would produce more, but it's about bloodlines. :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
She has great milking lines! Sire's and dam's dam have multiple milking stars. Her dam was giving a half gallon a day with twins on her! Half sister has a great udder with wonderful teats as does dam. I'm quite impressed by her little adorable herd!

I'm putting a deposit on the exposed doe.:)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Ok that had to be one of the CUTEST faces EVER! ;) you just have to have her ;)

And yes, she will, well should, milk more :) if ADGA registered Mini dairy goats I would breed mini Manchas here and there ;)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Oh congrats!! :D is the exposed do bred to a Nigerian or another Mini Mancha?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh congrats!! :D is the exposed do bred to a Nigerian or another Mini Mancha?
Another MiniMancha. He's a flashy little fellow! Very nice rust spotted boy with blue eyes. I don't remember, but I think she's 7 months old. Accidental breeding. I know she's young, so I'll keep a close eye on her and watch her nutrition.

I'm very excited!
:fireworks:

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Oh very nice :)

I'm sure she will be ok. It is a little young, but I know plenty of breeders who breed that young. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts