Just have to say.....

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Jun 2, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I love my husband :love: :love:

Even though sometimes he makes me so dang mad and says things about all my animals that makes me want to :hair:

A few weeks ago we went out to watch a band and I won a gift certificate for a $100.00 towards a night of lodging at a hot springs in Montana - and it was one that we had been wanting to stay at before.

I called and made the reservations for June 21st - not even tinking about it - but the certificate had to be used by the end of June - and my b-day is the 25th - so I thought that would be good.

Well, after I made the reservation - I realized that the 21st was Father's Day - mentioned it to hubby he said who cares. Then on Saturday I was in the shower and he was in the bathroom talking to me while I was taking my shower and it dawned on me that I have 2 girls due at that time. One on day 150 is June 21st (Ginger) and the other is a FF and day 150 is June 24th (Dobie). He told me to call and reschedule our "date" to the following weekend because he didn't want "anything bad to happen for just a 24 hour trip"

How sweet was that!!! I :love: my hubby!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awww....what a sweet DH .....you need to give him lots of .... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

3. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Awwww!! Bless his heart, he is definitely a keeper!!!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Men like that are worth keeping around. :cool:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You know - when he said that I thought that I had hit my head in the shower again and was hearing things. I looked out of the curtain like :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: what did you just say???

Last year he really really upset me. I had two girls due at the same time. One kidded on a late Monday night with twins - FF - and I was up every couple hours checking on her. Then on Wednesday night - my second girl was in labor. I got up a couple times and the last time I came back to bed - he went off on me about how it was rediculous me getting up every hour, I was going to loose my job over goats, they are animals, and blah blah blah. So I cried myself to sleep and then I got up 4 hours later to find she had had quads and 3 were DOA because they were all 3 on top of each other - I don't think she could clean them fast enough and so they suffocated. I was so mad and upset with him.

Then this year he gave me crap about Lola the beginning of May and taking the day off of work to be with her. I am glad that I was because Catalina's head was really big and she was tucking her chin trying to get out. I ended up having to pull her out.

So when he said this I seriously thought that I had died and was in heaven - LOL!

6. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Every once in a while my husband will say something like that. I just about pass out too because I can't believe what my ears. Normally he's blah blah blah your animals. He's never mean about it he just doesn't understand the love I have for them :love: He grew up on huge farm in Minnesota where the animals were only food. When I discovered last week both of my does weren't bred (keep in mind my husband doesn't think we need more goats) my husband drove past a sign that said "angoras for sale". Next thing I know he tells me maybe you should go buy one since I know your bummed about the girls not being bred :shocked:

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That would be the day that my hubby told me to purchase more - LOL!!!!!!!!!!! :ROFL: :ROFL: :scratch: :scratch:

8. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    If it would've been Nigerians they were selling I would've been on them like flies on poop :horse:

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: Don't tell him ...but I think he is getting attached....and is starting to love the goats..... :love: :wink: :hug:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I just read this thread to him and all he said was "what ever" and giggled :ROFL: :ROFL:

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    LOL ..........you weren't suppose to tell........truth hurts him don't it.... :ROFL: :greengrin:

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    What a guy! He really deserves lots of big :hug: .......and men say that women are unpredictable!

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: :D

14. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Aww. You guys are so lucky to have a husband so supportive of your "goat thing." I know my husband would reschedule around a birthing, but as for buying me goats.... eh... we will see. I have my doubts.