Just Jumping In

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tremayne, Mar 26, 2008.

1. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    I jumped into TGS a while ago, but didn't notice this section of the forum. So, maybe it's a little backwards, but I want to say hello here, too. :wave:

I'm new to goats, but having a fine time learning about them. My daughter is a freshman in a high school with an ag program. She's a proud member of FFA and has several animals this year, a Holland Lop rabbit named Clementine and a Boer/Nubian doe named Cosby.

Cosby is due to kid sometime this spring. We're not sure when she was bred since the buck was in with the herd for several months. One of Cosby's sisters had 2 doelings about a week ago. They are just beautiful. There will be babies everywhere by summer. Sevral of the moms look like they're nearly ready to explode. It's exciting.

We are out at the farm several times a week to feed and care for the animals.
    The school herd has around 30 goats, I'd guess. There are Boers, Nubians, La Manchas, and every kind of mix of those varieties. They're such charming animals. I think I'm hopelessly hooked.

It's good to be here.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Hey, no problem. Welcome again. :wave: :wave:

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    We're still glad to have you :) :wave: :wave:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome welcome welcome. :clap:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome! We're glad to have you here!

6. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    :ROFL: Hopelessly hooked! That's pretty funny. Welcome!

7. tremayne

tremayne New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Hopelessly hooked is all too true. My daughter has to drag me away when we go out to the farm. :roll: While she's caring for the rabbits or the pigs, I'm off with the goats.

I can only guess what it will be like once we get some acreage and I have my own herd. :wahoo:

Di, what breed/s do you have? Which are your favorites?

8. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Ummm, well from the posts you've made already, I can guess what it will be like too.....I'm thinking it will be like a goat farm. Poor girl. There's really no cure for the disease. LOL. Welcome! :thumb:

Kristen