just need to complain

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Nov 21, 2009.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    So fall just started and we had some BEAUTIFUL Indian summer but I am already tired of the cold.

Yes I am not happy! Its only going to get worse and winter hasnt even started. I think the anticipation for it getting worse is harder on me then the actual cold. :sigh:

I get so depressed during the winter (ok not real depressed but real down and moody).

I need to move somewhere warm!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I know what you mean Stacey.....having summertime/fall mild beautiful temps....then boom... it hits really fast... with the cold temps.....it isn't fun...for us or the animals...... we are wanting to stay out of the cold.... so there we are ..........bored in the house ..........with nothing to do...... :sigh:

Before you know it ....spring will be here again.... :wink: :hug:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I know how you feel. I miss the late spring early summer a lot right now...I am excited for Christmas though. I don't really like the fall time at all and get grouchy, lazy, and and bummed that summer is over. :sigh:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    actually we hardly even had a summer

it was so rainy we only had 1 heat wave! Which is quite unusual

and we were 14inches over normal for our rainfall last I heard and that was months ago and the rain continues :sigh:

5. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Ug. I understand. We usually have a long indian summer, then it gets cold in February and March, then turns hot again. Not this year. It is cold. The daytime has been warm, but the night has been in the teens. On really cold days, it hurts my lungs to breath, and I'm afraid my bronchitis will return.

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Ok........I grew up in the south and have only lived in Northern Indiana 6yrs.......I love the first snowfall, but as quick as winter comes....I'm ready for it to leave....but that being said, I hated the summers in the south.....I don't know which is worse, summers in the south or winters in the north.....in the south you still have to go out and do yard work and mowing when it is sooooo hot....I use to get up and start my mowing and yard work at the crack of dawn in Texas so I would be done before it hit 100 by 10:00am!!!!!! I guess we are never totally happy with the weather no matter where we live. Last winter was really bad here, I so pray that we have a milder winter this year! :snow:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    a weird year for us too.

great summer! very hot though, it actually got up to 80F!!! that was for a week and it was pretty sucky, i couldnt go outside and all the animals dranks tons of water...then it went back to normal 60F and stayed like that until Aug, then dropped back to cooler, this week the lowest was -30F which was dang cold, and now its great. 5F. hopefully the temp stays like this. until spring

8. artzkat

artzkat Member

Oct 22, 2007
    West Virginia
    I agree. Bums me out too..last week it was sunny and in the 60's...this morning I was chipping ice off the water buckets..grrrrr. We have no flat land here and I DREAD :sigh: the idea of slipping and sliding my way to and from the goat pen. Ha ha..why is that winter gets longer every year??????