The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juniper was born on March 11th, so she is just shy of 3 months, but I actually had my phone on me to take pictures.

She is a Alpine/Boer cross with a lot of personality. I am toying between eventually years out breeding her back to an Alpine, for higher milk production in her offspring, or breeding her to Boer for meat kids.

From a conformational standpoint what do you think of her? Strengths? Weaknesses? She "butt" (loins on a horse) are not as high as the picture looks, she has long hair that flops over along her spine and stands up right there, she is actually fairly level. I will try to shave it when I eventually get clippers.

I wish I could get her to stand square, but I fed her some loose minerals and these pics were the best I got.

Also, does anyone see why she couldn't be a pack goat? Cy, her mother, just seems like a petite little Alpine, so was wondering if her daughter could handle it someday?

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
Well, she doesnt have a whole lot of muscle. Since I know nothing of pack goats I cant say.
But if you want meat kids Boer is the way. She has good length.
She isnt real strong looking but she sure is pretty!

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I think if you work her up to it she could be. I think she is a little frail boned and posty in the back legs.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I think if you work her up to it she could be. I think she is a little frail boned and posty in the back legs.
I agree on the Boer for meat :).

Try to pm goathiker about pack goats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts