Just some pics of the gang.

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by WalnutGroveFarm, Jul 10, 2009.

1. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Here some pics of some of my goats. Been working hard on my website trying to get it the way I want. Could be better set ups but still not the best at that.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    nice group --- they all look like you squashed them - is that how they look or did you happen to compress the picture?

4. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Do you mean did I make the pictures smaller or size them, then ya I did. But I may have squashed them to. lol. Not sure on that one.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah if you resized them in a program like publisher you can certainly squished them easily on accident. THey jsut look rather short bodied - nice goats but just didnt look proportionally correct so they look a tad funny in the pictures. They will do fine for a website but if someone asks for pictures be sure to send the full size pictures and not the squashed ones ;)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice goaties..... :wink: :love:

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Very nice goats! :drool: I bet you really proud!

8. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    I am proud thank you. I finally have some really nice goats with some really nice bloodlines.

Stacey I think that I must just have squashed them to much or something. Cause some of these goats have been shown and have done decent in the ring. I must have messed up the pics some how. I tried to change them but dont know if I still did them right.

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Oh I am sure they have done well - yes they look better now :)

10. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    Cute herd!

It takes practice to get them stacked right and it helps when you have someone who knows what they are doing telling you what legs you need to move where and what you are doing wrong. Wish I could give tips over the internet but I do better showing people in person. Plus if the goat is acting up it makes it that much harder (been there done that!). I found with Mimic that I was better not practising too much with her as she acted better at the show (go figure - she got some 1sts too - including a 1st place at the 2000 NDGA Nationals) - I think what her problem was we treated her like a princess - same with her daughter lols. But most of the goats do better when you practise stacking them up and they do get better with time (and so do you!).

Neat little feeder - how does it work and how do you like it?

Deidre :horse:

11. WalnutGroveFarm

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Thanks Chestnutgrove, yea im just starting to learn the stacking process. Ive only been to two shows this year and they did good but would have probably done better if they had someone who knew what they was doing showing them. The pics where being taken by my boy, and I was fighting with them becasue you either have the other goats fighting you or the dogs lol. Anyways hopefully i'll get better at all of it.

The feeder is a eight foot long pvc pipe cut in half, then legs made under it and screwed to them. I really like it. I can feed more at one time with it and they cant poop in it. Well they might be able to lol but havnt yet. The only thing is sometimes it will hold water if it rains real hard, but then I just dump it out, and then its good to go.

12. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Thanks for sharing your group with us. It's great seeing all the different colors other people have.

13. ChestnutGrove

ChestnutGrove New Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Tennessee
    It is great to see all the colors! I love breeds like the Nigerian where you have all the colors of the rainbow and it does not matter what color they are and you never have to worry about coloring and markings as it is all good!

Deidre :horse: