Just took my goat to the breeder!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Realfoodmama, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    I am really excited to get my Nubian bred but I am also really nervous! She is going to be gone for a week and I have a "trade" got, a Nubian whether who seems to be getting along pretty well with my other girl.

Hopefully she will be bred so I don't have to do this again! It makes me nervous to not have her here.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good luck with her breeding.... hopefully she will take quickly and be right back home again..... :wink: :thumb: :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats why I like owning my own buck or leasing a buck. But she will be home soon and then you can start the baby count down :)

4. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Went by the breeders today to visit my girl and I am pretty sure she is successfully bred already. Her pooch was all swollen and she was filthy.... :devilish:

Also the buck and she were being all lovey in the corner and not paying attention to anyone else (the buck is in with all the does scheduled for breeding).

Hopefully I can pick her up tomorrow! :leap:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Well I got my girl back last night. She spent about 30 minutes crying for her boyfriend, but she has settled back in nicely.

Of course my other goat kept trying to mount her because she smelled so much like the buck. :laugh:

Hopefully she will not come back in to heat and is successfully bred so I can start counting down to babies! :stars:

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    So you are pretty sure she was in heat when you took her there?

I normally keep the does here for at least two months unless I saw the deed. I would hate to have a doe go back and not of been bred. It did happen once and I felt really bad, but in that case we were pretty sure she aborted, because I saw the deed.

I guess when you have as many goats as I do you really do not notice one gone. I took Precious to a buck this year to get a little different line going and I forgot she was gone (I did not forget for long)

8. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    I was about 80% positive she was in heat when I took her. I have been tracking her behavior very closely for a few months as this doe has very subtle heats - probably because I only have two goats and they are both ladies.

Then I checked on her while she was there and noticed that her rear was swollen and kind of red and that she had filth all over her back end and sides so I assumed that meant she had been successfully mounted?

She has a little white discharge this morning as well. If she hasn't settled the guy is only a 15 min drive away....