Just want to share: Mimolette is Bred!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by milk and honey, Jan 13, 2011.

1. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    *(I hope) Anyway, My doe, Mimolette has shown very little sign of being in heat... so over the past week, we have taken 3 trips to a new 'boy-friend' .... but today was the day!!! It's my first time doing this (and hers)
    because I had arrainged for my other doe to be bred when I got her...
    She had some discharge today.. so we braved the snow and took our little drive... and Bingo! If all went as planned she should kid on June 10th. I told a few people at choir practice tonight... and they all looked either embarrassed or confused.... BUT I KNOW that all of you understand just how exciting this IS!!!
    Thanks

2. YAY!!!! How exciting!!!! :leap: Congrats!!

I know everyone at work thinks I'm nuts!

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CONGRATS!

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Congrats!!! I bred one of my does today too!! We'll have to countdown and see who goes first!! How exciting!

5. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    I have also noticed that not everyone at my work is as excited with the act of goat breeding as my TGS friends... strange.
    Congrats and good luck!!
    Caryn

6. newmama30+

newmama30+ New Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Wabasso MN
    Don't feel bad the only people outside of my house who want to know and get excited about when the girls get bred, are my folks who are co-owners and my grandma who likes to hear about whats going on out here on the farm, as my grandparents got out of farming 40 some years ago. and She misses it.

Congrats on getting her bred.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats..... :thumb: :hi5:

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Woo Hoo! Totally can relate to your "odd looks from co-workers when talking anything goat"....Thats why I love it here!! We all can relate and get excited for each other when the deed has been done!

9. Springbett Farm

Springbett Farm Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Nebraska
    Whenever I post about my does getting bred on FB, I usually get someone who asks, "Did you actually watch them 'do it'?" "Oh no, I made sure I averted my eyes so I didn't embarrass the goats." :laugh:
    Congrats!

10. firelight27

firelight27 Hopelessly Addicted

Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Oregon
    Ha ha, yeah, this is the best place to gush about anything related to goat breeding or pregnancy. I get so excited when I look at pooches and they look like a positive for pregnancy. But telling any of my friends or co-workers just gets me really strange looks. Lol. I just felt my foal kick for the first time today in my mare and literally just about went insane with giddy glee. My husband just rolled his eyes.