Just what I needed *MRI results are in*

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by ProctorHillFarm, May 5, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Well working with the horses this morning at work- I was working with a youngster and he spooked and i tried to get out of the way of the spook and fell, wrenched my knee.
    I felt something pop- but thought I would be fine typical. As I was driving in the truck to my farm, I could FEEL it swelling. By the time I got there I couldnt walk and I thought I would have to cut my jeans off!

Hubby took me to the ER and VOILA, they think I tore my ACL. I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon when the swelling goes down, and will probably need surgery. I am on crutches and a knee immobilizer.

How the HECK am I going to feed and milk and care for my 30 goats and 5 horses. *sigh* :veryangry:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Re: Just what I needed

Ouch, you probably did tear something. I had that happen before and it took two knee surgery's to fix. Well I never heard the pop, but my knee swelled up overnight and I couldn't walk on it.

Hopefully your's will heal better than mine did. Best get into an orthopedic surgeon asap before scar tissue sets in and makes it harder to fix.

:hug: :hug:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

OH man. I am so sorry. :( I wish I could help you. I could only imagine the pain you are in. Try to take care of yourself.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh hun - I am so sorry - and here I am whining about a broken finger from last night - do I ever feel dumb.

I sure hope that you get feeling better soon and can find someone help you out.

5. ProctorHillFarm

Im going to have to dry my does up bye bye milk test and bye bye shows :( - I dont know what else to do. Hubby is going to be able to feed, but thats about it in addition to working full time, and now taking kids back and forth to school since I cant drive......I havent figured out what Im going to do with my 14 month old son that I cant pick up during the day by myself though

What a mess- Im going to the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow.

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

I'm sorry. That all really stinks! :veryangry:
    :hug: :hug:

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Aw, that really stinks! I hope you heal fast and recovery fully. There is always next year, :hug:

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh gosh, that's no good! I'm sorry to hear that, I sure hope it is something less serious and you are able to get back to the goaties and horses soon. Prayers and good thoughts headed your way! :hug: Hang in there!

9. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA

Oh my, I had an acl replaced about 8 years ago. They've gotten really good at the surgery, it's the recovery that's bad. I have to go to work, but, I'll give more info when I get home. :hug:

10. ProctorHillFarm

Di- thats what Ive been hearing......Im going to the surgeon today to see what is up and what we are going to do to fix it
    :sigh:

11. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Good luck! :hug: :thumbup:

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Oh how awful.....you must be in tremendous pain...... :( ....I wish the best for you....and a speedy recovery after surgery..... :hug: :pray:

13. ProctorHillFarm

Well they drained 60 cc's of blood out of my knee- talk about relief!

I have to go back for an MRI to find out whats wrong next.....its not fractured- they took another set of xrays, they say torn ACL, meniscus, or damaged cartilage

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Ouch.... :( ...I am glad you have some relief ...when they drained some blood off your knee...60cc's is alot.......... :shocked: :hug:

15. ProctorHillFarm

Well I just got back from the surgeon's office

I tore my ACL

I also have a miniscus tear to repair

AND I have a fracture in one of the bones on the backside of my knee.

Surgery is scheduled for June 5th *sigh* there goes the summer.

16. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh ouch, and I thought a Meniscal tear was bad.

:hug: I hope you heal fast. You got things taken care of really fast, so thats a good thing. :hug:

17. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm so sorry! :hug: I know its hard.

18. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh sad I am so sorry I know you were so looking forward to shows and all. :sigh:

19. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh my gosh - I am SOOOOO sorry to hear about this. I hope that you heal soon after the surgery :hug:

20. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry.........I will pray ....that the surgery goes well for you........ :pray: :hug: